Settings menu and Explicit Content option removed in new web player

Solved!

Settings menu and Explicit Content option removed in new web player

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10,web player

My Question or Issue

The new web player has removed the Settings menu and it now appears there is no way to control the Explicit content option. How do I do this now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Star22

Thanks for your quick reply. 

We can confirm that those are the only available settings in the web player.

Regardless of the version, you'll be able to find the full settings menu in the desktop app. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @Star22

Help’s here!

Just to confirm, do you experience this on the Spotify web player or the Spotify desktop app?  

If you aren't able to use the explicit content filter as described in this help page we suggest performing a clean reinstall of the desktop app. This will remove leftover data from previous installations that could be causing this issue. 

In case you still observe this after a clean reinstall, send us a screenshot of how this looks on your end. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Hi there. This is on the Spotify web player ie https://open.spotify.com/. I'm running the Edge Chromium browser (version 90.0.818.42 64-bit) on Windows 10 (20H2). When I click on the arrow next to the profile picture, the menu only has Account, Profile and Logout options - no Settings. See attached screenshot. I've also tried it on Chrome version 90.0.4430.85 64bit with the same results.

Capture.PNG

Hey @Star22,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Currently, the option to filter explicit content isn't available in the web player. 

However, you can open the app on either a mobile device or a PC (desktop app) and disable the explicit content as described in the link @Ivan sent previously. When you open the web player later, the disabled content filter will be applied to your account. 

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

OK, thanks.
What about all the other options in the Settings menu? When will it make a return to the web player? And will it disappear from the Windows app once it inherits the web player UI?
Marked as solution

Hi there @Star22

Thanks for your quick reply. 

We can confirm that those are the only available settings in the web player.

Regardless of the version, you'll be able to find the full settings menu in the desktop app. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

Cheers!

EniModerator

Disabling explicit content via the mobile app does not disable it for the web player.  The idiotic song suck my D*** still comes up, and this is not appropriate for my family nor my work place.  Spotify is pushing **bleep** on our children (edit: Spotify put the bleep over the word P@rn in my post, yet have stupid songs like suck my D#### readily available and in auto play for all listeners)  SMH.  I'm about to drop Spotify and stay with YouTube Music.  Their filters work, and thumbs up and thumbs down is part of every song, and works.

Hey @crouvsertaq,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Great of you to share the idea with the rest of the users in the Community. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am having same issue on MacBook using chrome. The explicit setting is missing from the settings page.

Hey @MrBates,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Keep in mind that, as mentioned above in this thread, the option to filter explicit content isn't available in the web player. 

However, another user had a similar idea and posted it here. Even though the status is set as Closed - Not Enough Votes, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to it to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

My child listens to music on the computer only with Web Player. Now after the changes, my child has stumbled upon adult-only content!

I believe that the inability to filter adult content in such an application may be subject to criminal liability.

I am canceling my subscription - fortunately there are companies on the market that provide full-fledged products unlike Spotify. Other companies also respect the law and care about the content served to children, unlike Spotify.

Suggested posts