Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play stacking duplicates together every time.

Shuffle play stacking duplicates together every time.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When Shuffling multiple playlists together by use of folders, i am getting duplicate songs stacked together one after the other. I know that the song should be there multiple times if it's on more than one of the lists, but it shouldn't' stack the duplicates together like this every time.

SpotifyBrokenShuffle.png
5 Replies

Hi there @EvilPlushToy,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

As a first step, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in. If that doesn't make any difference, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If it persists, could you let us know if that happens with any folder or just a particular one?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I've even pinned down the problem (I think)
The configuration of the folders or sub folders doesn't seem to matter but any time multiple lists from the Charts category are used and have the same song, it will appear as a stacked duplicate. This doesn't seem to happen with other lists no matter what i do to them.

SpotifyBrokenShuffle2.png

Hi @EvilPlushToy

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind letting us know which exact steps did you follow? We'd like to test it on our end so we can take a closer look. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Arrange the playlists into folders like in the screenshot. I'm fairly certain the folder names don't matter but i didn't actually test for that. Then select the top level folder, and click the play button that appears over the display of playlists in the main section of the window.

Hey @EvilPlushToy,

Thanks for the info 🙂

We tried but we couldn't reproduce this issue at our end. 

It's a good idea to give the steps @CarlosE mentioned a go to to check if the issue persists. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts