Premium

Country

USA

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

It seems like a change that just went live, but the ads during a podcast now show as a separate track in spotify, and skipping the ad is effectively skipping a track and then somehow skipping back to the previous track (the podcast). I didn't actually use the 'skip' button to do this, but the '15 seconds ahead' button (as I'm sure everyone does to skip ads). Aside from seeming a little awkward, this worked okay, but it cleared the songs in my queue. 

I can't show what songs were in my queue and disappeared, but I'll attach the 'recently played' view, which shows grayed out tracks, and as you can see, the podcast episode is currently playing and is appearing as 'recently played.'

spotify ad skip clears queue issue.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @krystalhooper,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I was able to reproduce this on my end as well, but it seems to be a visual bug only, since everything went back to normal when the episode finished playing (works even when I press Next) - all tracks that were previously in the queue now show up (and play) normally. Nevertheless, I've forwarded your feedback to our internal teams who'll look into it. While a timeline for a fix cannot be provided at this moment, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Thanks again for making Spotify better. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @krystalhooper,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I was able to reproduce this on my end as well, but it seems to be a visual bug only, since everything went back to normal when the episode finished playing (works even when I press Next) - all tracks that were previously in the queue now show up (and play) normally. Nevertheless, I've forwarded your feedback to our internal teams who'll look into it. While a timeline for a fix cannot be provided at this moment, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Thanks again for making Spotify better. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts