Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Show other album releases on desktop

The desktop version of Spotify doesn't show the alternate releases of albums, which is very frustrating. The web player shows the other releases as a dropdown under the album, like the old Spotify did, but the desktop doesn't.

• Visitor
  • The desktop version of Spotify doesn't show the alternate releases of albums, which is very frustrating. The web player shows the other releases as a dropdown under the album, like the old Spotify di...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on Windows 10 freezes randomly

Spotify with Window 10 freezes very, very often. Mostly when changing a song. The only "solution" is to kill the Spotify instances (there a several) with the task manager and then to restart Spotify - until it freezes again. Spotify can hardly be use...

• Spotify with Window 10 freezes very, very often. Mostly when changing a song. The only "solution" is to kill the Spotify instances (there a several) with the task manager and then to restart Spotify ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot search artists or songs [Webplayer]

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(Desktop)Operating System( Windows 10 ) My Question or IssueI have noticed that the search feature works on my web browser when I'm not logged in, but will not work when logged in to spotify. The computer App has the same issu...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country USA Device (Desktop) Operating System ( Windows 10 )   My Question or Issue I have noticed that the search feature works on my web browser when I'm not logged in, but...
  • liperat
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Last playlist not shown when scrollbar overflows

PlanPremiumCountrySweden VersionSpotify 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a Windows 11 IssueWhen the scrollbar showing playlists to the left overflows the last item is not shown even when you scroll to the bottom. To trigger this issue resize the window size. Wor...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden   Version Spotify 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a Windows 11   Issue When the scrollbar showing playlists to the left overflows the last item is not shown even w...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Take me to the same place where i was, when I use the "go-back" button.

When i click on a podcast in a list to read more about the title and want to "go back" to the overall list i click the "go-back" button. However, that takes me to the top of the site/list and i have to scroll down again to where i was.That is very an...

• Visitor
  • When i click on a podcast in a list to read more about the title and want to "go back" to the overall list i click the "go-back" button. However, that takes me to the top of the site/list and i have ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Bring back keyboard shortcuts for track scrubbing

You used to be able to scrub the track through the arrows left/right and jump a few second back or forward. Why was this removed? You cannot even use the Home key to jump to the start of the track (although the media keys can do this, not all keyboar...

• Casual Listener
  • You used to be able to scrub the track through the arrows left/right and jump a few second back or forward. Why was this removed? You cannot even use the Home key to jump to the start of the track (a...
  • eirine1834
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant pause music via the controls on my Bluetooth headphones

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceAll In One Desktop. (i7 10th gen 16gb ram)Operating SystemWindows My Question or IssueI can not pause music using the controls on my Bose qc35s, however, I can skip, play fast forward etc but not pause. Whenever I try to...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Australia Device All In One Desktop. (i7 10th gen 16gb ram) Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue I can not pause music using the controls on my Bos...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Windows 10] Queue erases everytime ads start!

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceWindows 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEach time I add songs to the queue after ads start all the music I added to the queue is gone and only shows "Next Up" that is auto generated.

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Windows 10 PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Each time I add songs to the queue after ads start all  the music I added ...
  • Novy
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] disable automatic unpause when you plug a earphone

On version 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a, sometimes if I have a song paused, and no plugged earphone, when I plug a earphone the song automatic unpause (and start to play). It not happens every time (I couldn't repeat it consistently, but it happens sporadi...

• Roadie
  • On version 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a, sometimes if I have a song paused, and no  plugged earphone, when I plug a earphone the song automatic unpause (and start to play).   It ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium Account Offline Listen feature not working

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceLenovo Thinkpad 20N8007NTXOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hello, From long time i using premium but I really need at this time offline listen because when i work, i need to access remote destop and for th...

Spotify_aZoLWVAHG0.png Spotify_miAfYntsNF.png Spotify_P9I3xOS1F6.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Lenovo Thinkpad 20N8007NTX Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hello,   From long time i using premium but I really nee...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't play with Komplete Audio 6

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceLenovo Legion 5, NI Komplete Audio 6 mkIIOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueSpotify won't play through KOMPLETE Audio 6 mk2I get a message that it can't play and I can play if I had the track on my hard driveMy a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Lenovo Legion 5, NI Komplete Audio 6 mkII Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue Spotify won't play through KOMPLETE Audio 6 mk2 I get a mes...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cant find friend activity

PlanPremiumCountry Device Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuehey! lately i've noticed that my friendctivity has disappeared. i've looked everywhere on the desktop app and online and couldnt find it anywhere. i've checked multiple times th...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue hey! lately i've noticed that my friendctivity has disappeared. i've looked everywh...
  • kikuu
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem with viewing of time of played song

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.I have a problem in a Spotify for desktop. There is only viewed remaining time and elapsed time of now playing song.Please, could You get back also full...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello. I have a problem in a Spotify for desktop. There is only viewed remaining ...
  • Noguri
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Now playing
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommended feature on the PC App

How can I stop recommended feature on pc app?

• Music Fan
  • How can I stop recommended feature on pc app?
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot see a playlist folder on desktop while it appears on mobile

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows 10 Laptop, iPhone XR My Question or IssueSome time ago I created a folder to put my friend's playlists on. I have not accessed it in a while. I went to add another playlist to it on desktop and it would not show any...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows 10 Laptop, iPhone XR   My Question or Issue Some time ago I created a folder to put my friend's playlists on. I have not accessed it in a while. I...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    folder
    Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly updating too often.

PlanPremium CountryUK DeviceWindows 10 PC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueDiscover weekly just updated today. Today is a Saturday. Furthermore, it updated the tracks at different times. Which also happened on Monday.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country UK   Device Windows 10 PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Discover weekly just updated today. Today is a Saturday. Further...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Web Browser won't work

The web browser on my windows 10 won't even load music. I'm signed in, connected to the internet, and everything except your web app works. I pay money for this **bleep**? fix your POS

•   The web browser on my windows 10 won't even load music. I'm signed in, connected to the internet, and everything except your web app works. I pay money for this **bleep**? fix your POS 
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • web browser
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Odd glitch found in the queue after clicking on play button of one of my library playlists

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have attached images below to depict what I will try my best to explain in text.I open my library, select my playlist then click on play. Very normal behaviour. As I l...

• Plan Premium Country   Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have attached images below to depict what I will try my best to explain in text. I op...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueSpotify connect not working on both windows 10 laptop and iphone 6 when i try to connect them it doesnt show the device, i tried logging out, deleting the app etc. Nothing...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Spotify connect not working on both windows 10 laptop and iphone 6 when i try to connect...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Function to condense the friend activity windows in desktop app

In the present version the friend activity window is always open. Provide a setting or function to condense or fade out the friend activity window

• Visitor
  • In the present version the friend activity window is always open. Provide a setting or function to condense or fade out the friend activity window
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes