Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files and top tracks, etc.

My Question or IssueI was wondering if local files were counted towards listening time or appear on any other features such as 'Top tracks this month' which you can check on your profile.

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue I was wondering if local files were counted towards listening time or appear on any other features such as 'Top tracks this month' which you can check on your profile.
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop Randomly Syncs with Phone's Volume at Ramdom

I recently started noticing that my volume in the Spotify desktop app would adjust at seemingly random times. I eventually figured out that the volume in the desktop app was syncing with my phone's volume, even when the Spotify app wasn't directly op...

• Regular
  • I recently started noticing that my volume in the Spotify desktop app would adjust at seemingly random times. I eventually figured out that the volume in the desktop app was syncing with my phone's v...
  • CarlosE
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! New application for Windows

So ... They took away some options in the desktop windows application. For example, I sorted the playlist by artists. I tagged some songs. I went into my own order and moved the marked songs, for example. But now it doesn't work, the marked songs wil...

• Roadie
  • So ... They took away some options in the desktop windows application. For example, I sorted the playlist by artists. I tagged some songs. I went into my own order and moved the marked songs, for exa...
  • lubos
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs are being skipped

PlanFreeCountryUS DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen an ad plays that is a video, the next song to be played is skipped and not played. If the ad that plays is just an audio ad, everything works as it should.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country US   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When an ad plays that is a video, the next song to be played is skipped and not played. If the...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Entire library shows This Song Is Not Available

I'm a long time Premium user from the UK, I tried using Spotify on my Windows 10 PC this morning but the desktop app shows my entire library as unavailable. The Web App on the other hand is fine. I tried logging out and back in, checked firewall sett...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a long time Premium user from the UK, I tried using Spotify on my Windows 10 PC this morning but the desktop app shows my entire library as unavailable. The Web App on the other hand is fine. &n...
  • safiasharif_
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Browse] Am I the only who really dislikes the new design for desktop?

Normally I don't do this, but here it goes.. I feel the new spotify layout design for desktop is a big decline from how it was. Some things that I think are changes for the worse:- Artist's profiles don't have a clear timeline with releases anymore- ...

• Regular
  • Normally I don't do this, but here it goes.. I feel the new spotify layout design for desktop is a big decline from how it was. Some things that I think are changes for the worse: - Artist's profi...
  • CarlosE
  • 9 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Browse
    Desktop
  • 9 replies
  • 24 likes

Superuser Contribution "see all" button for recently played missing and recently played is not updated

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOn the Home page in the Spotify desktop app, the "see all" button for recently played is missing. Recently played is also not updating as I listen to music....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue On the Home page in the Spotify desktop app, the "see all" button for recently p...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search not working properly in new UI

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi Support, since the UI upgrade I have persistent issues with the search functionality. It times out and then returns "Oops, something went wrong while loading the artist". ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi Support, since the UI upgrade I have persistent issues with the search functionality. I...
  • leoals
  • Gig Goer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast playlist only shuffle plays

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceLenovo Ideapad L340Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssuePodcast playlists do not play in order. I have tried to sort it by different categories, like oldest first, newest first, but the queue doesn't follow it ...

• Plan Premium Country Brasil Device Lenovo Ideapad L340 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Podcast playlists do not play in order. I have tried to sort it by different c...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
    shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't sort music in artist's liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryPakistanDeviceSamsung Note 8Operating SystemWindows 10, Android My Question or IssueWhen I go to the artist page and see the liked songs for that artist, I can't sort the music.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Pakistan Device Samsung Note 8 Operating System Windows 10, Android   My Question or Issue When I go to the artist page and see the liked songs for that artist, I ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    artist
    liked songs
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Instantly Crashes/Exits on Random

This update broke the experience for me. Can't even listen to music on my PC anymore. I've never experienced Spotify (Desktop Win10) application crashing on me. Ever since the latest update, Spotify would randomly crash (disappear instantly) Turning ...

• Regular
  • This update broke the experience for me. Can't even listen to music on my PC anymore.   I've never experienced Spotify (Desktop Win10) application crashing on me.   Ever since th...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows app is throwing NaN's

Premium plan in the US.On an Asus PC running Windows 8.1"About Spotify" tells me, "1.1.54.592.gc0b20638" It was working fine yesterday, but today when I fired it up it showed NaN for the "time into track" and "length of track." See attached screen ca...

• Premium plan in the US. On an Asus PC running Windows 8.1 "About Spotify" tells me, "1.1.54.592.gc0b20638"   It was working fine yesterday, but today when I fired it up it showed NaN for the...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Modify "don't like a composer" to actually have an effect.

Make sure that when a user clicks "I don't like Maurice Ravel" (or any other composer) that you stop giving 3 pieces by Ravel in every Radar and Weekly release from then on. The button doesn't work, and never has for the months I have been a Premium ...

• Make sure that when a user clicks "I don't like Maurice Ravel" (or any other composer) that you stop giving 3 pieces by Ravel in every Radar and Weekly release from then on. The button doesn't work, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

UX - add a way to add shortcut to left menu + song list on artist page

PlanPremiumCountryFrance DeviceWindows store appOperating SystemWindows 10 latest update My Question or IssueSince the new UI there are missing shortcut, in my case the "made for you" page was really useful. To solve this I propose to add way to add ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France   Device Windows store app Operating System Windows 10 latest update   My Question or Issue Since the new UI there are missing shortcut, in my case th...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify won't stay open

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHi, Recently I fully factory reset my desktop. After fully resetting my desktop, I re-downloaded Spotify from Google Chrome. After installing Spotify, I realized that afte...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, Recently I fully factory reset my desktop. After fully resetting my desktop, I re-download...
  • CarlosE
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I sort playlists in the updated Spotify 2020?

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueHow do I sort my playlists in the UPDATED Spotify desktop windows? The sort feature that used to be on top of the playlists are no longer there. I've searched everywhere for t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue How do I sort my playlists in the UPDATED Spotify desktop windows? The sort feature that used to be...
  • jtokes
  • Visitor
  • 33 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 13 likes

[Desktop] Spotify keep on comes out something went wrong please reload page when opening the app

After installed, I cannot used the application and keeps on popped out something went wring which causes I could not use the application. Hopefully the team can help me out soon.

• Visitor
  • After installed, I cannot used the application and keeps on popped out something went wring which causes I could not use the application. Hopefully the team can help me out soon.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Web Player not working

PlanFreeCountryEarthDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy laptop shut off automatically and Spotify won’t play when I’m on web player. This happens when it automatically turns off. I can’t play anything when it has the green “...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Earth Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My laptop shut off automatically and Spotify won’t play when I’m on web player. This ha...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Subfolder's aren't displayed in tile view

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueAfter delaying the new UI for about 6 month's now it now forced me to use the new one which on Android device is fine but PC is just terrible.Not being able to scroll through the complete son...

• Casual Listener
  • Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue After delaying the new UI for about 6 month's now it now forced me to use the new one which on Android device is fine but P...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error in aplication

PlanPremiumCountryRomania DeviceDell Optiplex 990Operating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueHello! Why do I get this error when I log on the app?So does the browser.I've tried reinstaling the app, erasing old data without any results.The phone's...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Romania  Device Dell Optiplex 990 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello! Why do I get this error when I log on the app? So does the brows...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes