Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify pauses in web player or app

Spotify pauses in web player or app

Plan- Premium

Country- USA 

Device- PC Google Chrome/Desktop App

Operating System- Windows 10 

I have found that if I am watching a Podcast that every thirty seconds or so the video pauses and is not able to be restarted . I have reinstalled the desktop app, used the web player, cleared cache, disabled background playing no solution I have found in the forum has worked so far. I also found that if I am in another tab within the web player the sound plays slightly longer but still pauses. If I use the app on my phone this never happens.  

If I leave the tab open sometimes the podcast will randomly start again play for under 30 seconds and pause again, this does not happen with the desktop app only within the web player, the desktop app never gains enough of a connection to start playing again . It's as if I have a poor connection but I am currently downloading 286.50 Mbps on my PC. Not great but all other web applications work fine on my PC only Spotify seems to have issues. Anyone have any solution? 

Thanks

-James.  

1 Reply

Hi there, thanks for asking in the community. There are a few steps you could try to fix this easily:

- Go to Spotify.com, and go to your account.
- Scroll down and click on Sign Out Everywhere.
- This will log you out everywhere and you will need to download your content offline again.
- After this, uninstall the Spotify App and clean install using this guide.
- Sign in and check if it is working as expected.
- Also, make sure that you are not using any VPN or DNS service.

Let us know how it goes!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts