Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Laptop

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app that I have downloaded from the Microsoft Store on my laptop is being very buggy. Like for example a lot of features are not syncing correctly. Like for example the main issue being the the friends panel. 

The setting is enabled but keeps on saying for 2 months now that it is not synced. As in I have enabled the setting but it is not showing. I did show on my old windows 10 laptop but ever since coming to Windows 11 it has not shown once.

image_2022-05-02_164240266.png
2 Replies

Also when I hover over the app there is no play rewind fast forward buttons popping up. As attached

image_2022-05-02_170633658.png

Hey @BlueDragon1911,

Thanks for posting in the Community! Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Thank you for sharing those observations with us. Can we ask you to also share the concrete version number of the Spotify app you're experiencing this? Keep in mind that the Windows 11 OS was recently released and so some functionalities might differ or misbehave at first on both ends (both for our app and the OS). This should normalize with time and updates, so what you should do is to make sure you're always rocking the latest available version of the Spotify app and also allow your OS to receive it's regular updates too.

One thing we can suggest to you at the moment is to try downloading the Spotify desktop's app version from our official website instead from the Microsoft Store, to see if this will make any difference in your experience. You can also check how to perform a so called clean reinstall, as it ensures that no previously cached data can interfere and cause troubles for the new version.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts