Skipping and immediately jumping into song results in wrong location

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify Version

1.1.59.712.g54f36e5d-a

My Issue

I have stumpled upon this bug for some time now and decided to report it since I am able to make this happen every time I try.

When I skip a song and press to jump in to the song within 0.1 second after skipping, the next song is jumped to the wrong location.

The location becomes the amount of minutes the previous song would have been at if it had been that song. If I for example listen to a 2 minute song and the next song is 4 minutes, when I press skip and jump half withing afterwards, instead of jumping to 2:00 where I pressed, it jumps to 1:00 because that would be where the previous song would've jumped to.

If I listen to a song, skip and jump to 3:00 and the next song is shorter than 3:00, then it is skipped entirely.

I hope it makes sense, if not I have attached a demonstration of the problem.

I am able to make this happen every time if I just jump within 0.1 second after skipping (I have tried restarting).

I am aware that this is probably difficult to fix, but it is a problem I encounter quite a lot when exploring new music and want to skip quickly.

1 Reply

Hey there @bjorn60-dk,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We appreciate you taking the time to report this to us and for sending the video. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks to be looked into. We can't commit to a timeframe for when or if this will be fixed, though, so in the meantime, we suggest keeping the app updated.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts