Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Autoplay not working

Solved!

Re: Autoplay not working

Tried it... didn't work out.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling... no success too.

This only happens on my office PC. Home PC works just fine.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @marcocampa

Thanks for taking the time to explain the issue and apologies for any misunderstanding.

We can confirm that the Autoplay feature doesn't work via Connect with most devices yet, so it's expected that your speaker doesn't connect when this feature is actively being used, and that Autoplay won't work when a song/album/playlist finishes when already connected to a device via Connect.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Have a good one!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @marcocampa

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

Just to confirm, did you follow these specific steps to reinstall the app? This one is more thorough than the normal one. 

If the clean reinstall didn't do the trick, we suggest that you check your firewall and and antivirus and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Additionally, in case you're using a VPN, make sure to turn it off before trying again. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni, thanks for your reply!
I followed those steps, checked my firewall, reinstalled Spotify and now autoplay works like a charm!
It won't happen though when I connect my desktop app to a Bose SoundTouch speaker. Radios and playlist play regularly but when I choose a single song no autoplay starts at the end of the track.
Any ideas why that happens?

Hey @marcocampa,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

If you use the search bar and play a single from there, no songs will start automatically. This is how the app functions. 

Autoplay populates the Queue with similar tracks for playlists and albums.

Hope this clears things up ๐Ÿ™‚

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Sorry but autoplay actually does work just fine whenever I search a song and play it alone. That's the way it should be and it works perfectly on Windows 10 but only if I'm playing through my PC speakers, not an external speaker connected to the same WiFi network.

So, back to my question: why does it happen only when connected to another speaker? (case in point: Bose SoundTouch 30)

Thx ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi there @marcocampa

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you let us know if this is only happening when you're using the Connect feature or when you're using Bluetooth as well?

Additionally, would you mind starting the "Autoplay" playback from the desktop app and then use Connect to play through the speakers to check if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted on how it goes ๐Ÿ™‚

EniModerator

Hi Eni,

Thanks again for your support. Actually this happens only when using the Connect feature.
I followed your suggestion and started "Autoplay" from the desktop app: I couldn't even connect to my speaker. I could have clicked a million times on it but it just wouldn't connect at all. Then I played a song from an album and switched from PC to speaker and it worked perfectly (same for playlists and radio).
There's some kind of mutual "clash" between autoplay and Connect and I don't know the reason why.

Hey there @marcocampa

Thanks for all the troubleshooting steps you tried so far. 

We'd like to check this backstage so we'd like to confirm if this is only happening on your work PC or your personal PC is having the same issue with the Connect feature?

Also, could you let us know if you're using the same Bose speakers in both cases (personal and work PC)?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator

Hey Eni,

Thanks again for following this issue. I'm afraid we got our wires crossed though.
Let me start all over again: I have two desktop PCs, one at home and another in my office. Both have Spotify installed. My home PC works fine, whereas I had autoplay issues on my office PC, in that autoplay would never work even though it had been enabled in settings (this has nothing to do with the Connect feature). I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify a couple of times, changed a few firewall settings, and autoplay started working properly on it too.
Now, in the office there's a Bose SoundTouch 20 which is connected to the same WiFi network the office PC is connected to. If I play a single track and Connect is off (so music is playing through the headset connected to my PC) autoplay will automatically start at the end of the track. If I try to connect to the SoundTouch speaker while autoplay is going on it will not connect. I can click endlessly on it but it just will keep playing through my headset and never connect to the SoundTouch speaker. The only way I can connect to it is play an album, a playlist, or a radio. When a connection is finally established between Spotify and the SoundTouch speaker I can play a single track but no autoplay will follow.
Hope this is clear. Let me know if you need further info, thanks.
Marked as solution

Hi @marcocampa

Thanks for taking the time to explain the issue and apologies for any misunderstanding.

We can confirm that the Autoplay feature doesn't work via Connect with most devices yet, so it's expected that your speaker doesn't connect when this feature is actively being used, and that Autoplay won't work when a song/album/playlist finishes when already connected to a device via Connect.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Have a good one!

EniModerator

Hello Eni,

Thanks for your reply.
Now that explains it all. Sorry to hear that's not possible. I hope developers at Spotify will implement this feature sometime soon.
Anyway, I appreciate your taking the time to follow this issue and I will mark your latest reply as "solution" even though I hope we'll all be able to get autoplay over Connect one day.

Take care!

Hi there @marcocampa

You're welcome!

Thank you for bearing with us. We're glad to know that we could clear your doubts ๐Ÿ™‚

Whenever you need a hand with anything else, remember that we're just a post away. 

Have a great day!

EniModerator

Suggested posts