Premium

Country

Japan

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Some local files that were perfectly playable yesterday can't be played anymore on the desktop app. They're greyed out in my "liked songs" and the message I get is "This content is not available". I have already tried removing the local files form spotify and adding them again, reinstalling the app, removing the local files cache an none of those worked. For some reason all the unavailable songs were songs that I already played yesterday, that songs that were added yesterday but haven't been played yet are working fine today.

Also worth noting that I have the same files downloaded locally on my iPhone and I can play them on the iPhone app with no issues. Also, when playing them on iPhone, the desktop app is able to recognize which song is being played but I just can't play it from the desktop app, that's what the attached screenshot is showing.

Capture.JPG
1 Reply

Hey @itsammar,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

It's a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

You can also check this article and try the steps mentioned there to see if that changes anything.

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts