Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Something Went Wrong PC Windows 10

Something Went Wrong PC Windows 10

its been months since this happening, i tried everything in the community suggested but nothing works but only on this Device i can't actually login both in app and websites, but when i tried using different device, i can listen to spotify like usual please fix this (I've been disabled my firewall/ give permission to spotify app to run, still nothing happens)

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

DESKTOP

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

my spotify can't login in app on my windows 10, it say "firewall may be blocking" but i already turn it off, i tried login via websites but still can't play, and its says "something went wrong" but this only happens on this Device, because when i tried login via different device its works perfectly, and i tried login with my siblings account on this Device its shows the same it cannot be login.

unknown.png
13 Replies

Hi there @WinterJi,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

To start, let us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Also, besides turning it off, it's worth adding Spotify to the list of apps whitelisted by the firewall.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did do perform a clean reinstall of the app, and I do did add Spotify to the list of apps that were whitelisted by the firewall still, nothing worked for me

Hey @WinterJi,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation.

If possible, could you try using a different connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot? Also, if you're using a VPN, disable it and try again.

You can also try clearing your hosts file with the steps in this article.

Let us know how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

i did try using different connection, i didnt use vpn at all, and i did clearing my host file, its still doesnt work

Hi @WinterJi

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

No worries, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

We'd recommend reinstalling the app in safe mode to see if that makes a difference.

If it doesn't, could you check if the OS of your PC has any pending updates?

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

i tried reinstalling the app in the safe mode but it still not working, and my OS doesnt have any new updates

Hey @WinterJi,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if you're able to? If you don't have access to another account, you can create a free one here

This way we can determine if this issue is generated from your account or something else. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator

i tried using my siblings account but its still the same

Hey again @WinterJi,

Thanks for reporting back with us again on your issue.

After all this troubleshooting, we strongly believe, that the issue is connected with your particular device and the platform it's using. Could we find a bit more about your device's set up? Is it a work-station PC or a home PC? What is the ant-virus program that you are currently using for this device? Have you tried to completely switch off the firewall, to see if you'd be able to log in your Spotify?

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator

I already tried everything that suggested but still nothing happened

Hi @WinterJi,

Thank you for your reply,.

Can you try to download Spotify from here to see if the issue persists?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know the information that @Elena asked for in her reply above?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

hi, I tried everything u guys suggested and I even planning on giving it up, I already re downloaded the apps, and when I sign in my email and password it says error code 15 and sometimes error code 16, its been year already since this thing happened 

Hi @WinterJi,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

In this case, this issue may be originating from this specific PC instead of the app itself. 

Another thing to try is to create a new user with administrator permissions on your PC, then try to access Spotify from that one. 

If the issue persists, please let us know the info that @Elena asked on her previous post. This way we can keep investigating and helping you with this.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts