Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Something went wrong .... yet another addition to the myriad of errors with the win 10 desktop app

Something went wrong .... yet another addition to the myriad of errors with the win 10 desktop app

Everything is up to date. Win 10 desktop.

When opening the spotify app a window with the message 'something went wrong, try reloading' comes up. Reloading doesn't work. Using the task manager doesn't work either as one instance of the process with the PID 10440 in the 'details' section of the task manager is not killable neither by task manager nor cmd! Post from 2015 mentions this. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Zombie-Spotify-process-Can-t-kill-Spotify-exe-task-...

Clean installating for the 5. time in 2 months fixed this again ... for now. But then again the issue mentioned below is now occuring at a 100% rate.

The win 10 app is unbearable. The prior error with the 'spotify doesn't respond' which a ton of people reported didn't get fixed. You still have to use the task manager. The way this is ignored is so **bleep**ing frustrating.

6 Replies

Hey there @simonztinra,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you try logging out > restarting your PC > restarting your router > logging back in? If that doesn't make any difference, have you already tried running a 

clean reinstall of the app by following these steps? This can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If this doesn't work either, could you try using the web player and let us know if the same behavior appears there?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey Carlos, it's definitely the desktop app and yes i did a clean reinstallation

I have this issue on my Spotify app for both Windows 10 and Macbook. I have performed multiple clean installs, tried via Incognito on Chrome to no avail, is it something to do with my account? I have thousands of albums saved and don't particularly want to create a new account and lose them all. Surely there is a solution as, thus far, the same solutions that have been trotted out do not work and, clearly, this is an issue affecting the vast majority of users.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info 🙂

We'd suggest you try running the app in a safe mode to see if that makes a difference.

It's also a good idea to toggle on/off the offline mode. Are there any changes?

@simonjenkins84 You mentioned that this happens on different devices. Could you try with another account to see if the issue persists?

Keep us posted. 

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

The issue is resolved when I use a new account which leads me to believe that there is something wrong with my preferred, historic account.

Thanks,

Simon

Hey @simonjenkins84,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Glad to hear that the issue doesn't persist with the new account. If everything works as expected with the new account, it looks like this was an account-related issue.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts