Song list won't update

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

In desktop app, I can not see the songs I added recently with my Android device. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had this issue starting with 1.1.15 as well, along with several other issues that popped up recently. It was absolutely not an issue of separate accounts and the app simply wouldn't update the saved songs list until I reinstalled. Since Spotify can't get their stuff together with all the bugs people are experiencing lately (I chatted with support for a week straight) I downloaded Spotify version 1.0.85 and prevented it from updating, and now everything works properly.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @acky07,

thanks for posting !

Is this a recent issue ?

Please check that your Spotify app is updated, as also the device you're using - your PC in this case.

If this didn't help, i'd recommend reinstalling Spotify as it tends to do the trick.

Let me know how it goes 😃

Yes, it is up to date and the problem solved when I reinstalled the app. But this problem happened before. Do I always have to reinstall the app to update my song list? I realized that I am not the only one having this problem and looks like it happens for quite some time. It should have been fixed by now.

Hey @acky07.

Thanks for getting back to us.

This shouldn't happen of course. Perhaps you have a second account you do not know about. Your libraries won't match if you are logged into two different accounts.

Take a look at this page which gives you some more info about how to find any additional account you might have.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I'm also experiencing this issue and I'm definitely signed into the same account on all my devices. I use Spotify on my iPhone, MacBook and PC. My iPhone and MacBook always synchronise fine, but I've now had to reinstall Spotify for Windows twice due to synchronisation issues.
Marked as solution

I had this issue starting with 1.1.15 as well, along with several other issues that popped up recently. It was absolutely not an issue of separate accounts and the app simply wouldn't update the saved songs list until I reinstalled. Since Spotify can't get their stuff together with all the bugs people are experiencing lately (I chatted with support for a week straight) I downloaded Spotify version 1.0.85 and prevented it from updating, and now everything works properly.

Thank you for your answer. Do you know where can I find the setup file for 1.0.85?

I used filehorse.com. There are instructions around the web (I used reddit) that you can follow for preventing it from updating. Also just wanted to point out that on Windows I didn't have any issue doing this, but on my Mac I had to follow instructions for a clean install to get everything to run properly, but the old versions are working great on my Windows 10 PC and Mac. 

Suggested posts