Song stops playing after around 5-8 seconds and gives the message "can't play the current song".

Solved!
Highlighted

Song stops playing after around 5-8 seconds and gives the message "can't play the current song".

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

United States Of America

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to play songs, some of them wont even start playing and some of them will play for about 5-8 seconds then stop (not paused) and then get a blue message at the top saying it cant be played.

Things I have tried:

Restarting spotify

Restarting PC

Disabling hardware acceleration in settings

Complete uninstall deleting all associated files and reinstalling multiple times and even restarting my computer

Checked sound driver for updates

Signed out of all devices

Its been about 4 days of having the issue, example in attachments

Issue.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Song stops playing after around 5-8 seconds and gives the message "can't play the current s

Hi,

I may have found a solution. For some weird reasons, a file has configured Windows to block a server of Spotify.

The file is located under Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Open ‘hosts’ as administrator with any text editor

Find the line: 0.0.0.0 spclient.wg.spotify.com

Either delete it or comment it by putting # at the beginning.

In my case, that was it.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Song stops playing after around 5-8 seconds and gives the message "can't play the current s

Casual Listener

i have the same problem with all songs on spotify

Highlighted

Regular

I have the same Problem on my Work PC since I have Spotify Premium.

I have tryed all these things to but nothing Works.. that sucks. 

Home PC, Smartphone, Receiver works..

Highlighted
Solution!

Hi,

I may have found a solution. For some weird reasons, a file has configured Windows to block a server of Spotify.

The file is located under Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Open ‘hosts’ as administrator with any text editor

Find the line: 0.0.0.0 spclient.wg.spotify.com

Either delete it or comment it by putting # at the beginning.

In my case, that was it.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

youre a genius, this is a complete solution to many issues, it works

thanks buddy

Highlighted

Casual Listener

https://youtu.be/KgmLXgr1COs this explain how to edit the host list

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thank you very much! This also worked as a solution for me, only difference being I seemed to have 2 of those lines blocking servers and had to delete another one similar to what you said.

Highlighted

Regular
It aint helps for me there is nothing blocked.
Highlighted

YES THANK YOU IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi I have this problem but for me its 7 seconds when it stops playing. I tried the solution but there was no file with spotify on it. I tried to reinstall etc with no results. Please help someone.

SUGGESTED POSTS