Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello! I have recently had an issue where whenever I launch Spotify, it automatically adds a song into my queue. Every single time I launch Spotify. It's a completely random song that I queued a long time ago, and now it seems like it can never leave. I tried reinstalling and it still doesn't resolve the issue.

9 Replies

Hey @philitup321.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Have you tried to reinstall Spotify? You can read here how to do this.

If that doesn't help, we'd like to find out if this is something account or device related. So could you let us know if the same thing happens when you log in on a different device of yours?

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

Have a nice day!

Yes! I think I mentioned it in the original post, but yet I have tried reinstalling multiple times. It also seems to be device specific, as when I play music on my phone, this doesn't happen.

Hey there @philitup321,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this and clarifying.

Since, as you mention, this only occurs in your desktop device, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app this time.

Here's how to do so:

1. Open Spotify and click File in the menu bar. Select Exit.
  2. Click the Start button. Select Settings.
  3. Open System.
  4. Click Apps & features, then select Spotify.
  5. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
  6. Head here and click "Remove all offline devices".
  7. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up AppData\Roaming.
  8. In the new window that opens up make sure there's no Spotify folder showing up. If there is, you can delete it.
  9. Make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in AppData\Local as well.
  10. Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

Let us know how that goes!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have the same problem but it persists across devices. Lots of device restarts, unistall and reinstalls. Nothing fixes the issue. A discography that was queued months ago is forever in my queue and it's SO ANNYOING. It's easy to clear everything on a computer, but on a phone I have to go through and manually click each song to remove from the queue.

I also have this problem across devices, despite uninstalls and restarts - veryyyy annoying, would love a solution!!

Same exact thing here. What is worse, is that now it seems an album is stuck in there as well. I just want to be able to play music where I can not have this happen. It is across 4 devices I have spotify on, depending on being home, mobile, laptop, or office. Any solution would be helpful. This is probably an error script, but months now it's happening. 

Has this been solved? Same problem here. Sounds like installing and reinstalling does not work.

I have 'Take On Me' by aha reappear in my queue whenever I launch Spotify, on both mac and iPhone, and it comes on at the most inappropriate times. Bump for Spotify to resolve this issue, please!

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall on your devices? Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. In this article there are some additional troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can try with another account. That way we can see if it's an account-related issue. 

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts