Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song won't play after Advertisement.

Solved!

Song won't play after Advertisement.

Plan

Free

Country

Device

Personal computer.

Intel i7-7700k, GTX 1080 Ti

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

After a sequence of ad's the next song in the album or playlist will not play. If you go to click on it a blue box at the top of the screen appears that states "Song will play after ad". It doesn't matter how long you let it sit there, it will remain like this until you fully close the application and reopen a new window. When the blue box does appear sometimes the bottom time bar will go through a 15 second empty ad but then stop at 15 and not go on to the song.

I have tried a fresh clean installation of the application. I have also attempted to turn off the hardware acceleration like other posts years back have recommended. Neither of those options fixed the issue.

The computer is treating the ad as a Null/empty ad that it will neither play nor leave. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is not a solution I have found. I have found a work around though. If you struggle with this issue then download the windows store application instead of the spotify application from online. Works only for windows 10. However, Like I said this is not a solution it is just a way to go around an actual problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

This is not a solution I have found. I have found a work around though. If you struggle with this issue then download the windows store application instead of the spotify application from online. Works only for windows 10. However, Like I said this is not a solution it is just a way to go around an actual problem.

Song is not playing after sequence of ads. I tried reinstalling and cleared the cache also,nothing seems to be working. 

Screenshot_20230423_173929_Spotify.jpg

I think I'm having the same issue, or at least the same issue as https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Pauses-on-Ads/m-p/4542106
Ads will not play normally, the app still says that it is playing, but no audio or bar progress happens. Hitting pause and then play on the app starts it again, but that gets very annoying if it's every time there's an ad.

I have tried all the listed solutions and none have worked.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

@Chauhanambika, does this happen after a specific ad? If not, can you please check if the same thing happens when using a different internet connection by a different provider?

@s4epascjar5lhf5tfxeq, if you're using a Windows PC, please check your hosts file using this guide.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, thank you for your reply. I have checked my hosts file, there have been no changes unfortunately. I have noticed that when the ad should play, it does tick up the timer silently, but then reaches the end and doesn't progress to the next song or ad.

Hey @s4epascjar5lhf5tfxeq,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you please let us know if the app behaves the same way with another account? If you don't have another account available, you can create a free account for testing purposes and try to see if you'll experience the same. This will help us understand if it's account related or not. 

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator

Thanks for reaching out to me and solving the issue. Now its working
properly.

Hey @Chauhanambika,

Thanks for your reply.

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this inconvenience. We’re happy to know you could sort this out. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need us again.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts