Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs disappearing

Songs disappearing

Hi everyone,

so all of my songs disappeared on the desktop version of spotify. Whether I go check my saved songs, artists or albums, it always shows up the "your ... will appear here. Go to your browse page etc." message. When I enter browse, spotify won't let me play any of the songs. And when I enter playlists, they're all empty.

I use Windows 10, and I've already tried restarting my computer and reinstalling the app several times.

1 Reply

Hey @dal16 !

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts