Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs do not play when selected from anywhere but my own playlists.

Songs do not play when selected from anywhere but my own playlists.

Plan

Premium Student

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I am unable to play any songs unless they are already in my playlists or likes.  I have attached a video showing the problem.

EDIT: I do not have this problem on the web player or mobile app, it's just the desktop client.

6 Replies

I do not have this problem on the web player or mobile app.  It's only on the desktop client.

Hi there @jdsyke 

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • When did this start happening? Did it work before? Did the issue begin after a specific update?
  • Could you try using the desktop app on a different device and see if the same happens?

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I also experienced the same issue that the songs won't play unless it's on liked song list or playlists

Spotify version : 1.207.1277.0

Device : PC (Windows 10)

The problem appeared since 2 latest update (I forgot the exact date of the updates). Before, Spotify works normally without any issues.

Hey @jdsyke and @Railjet,

Thanks for sharing this info.

The issue you're observing is currently being investigated here. Please vote and subscribe to the thread, check out the troubleshooting steps mentioned there and send the requested details.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

I have had the same problem on Macbook Air (M2 Chip) except no songs will play even if its on liked songs or playlists. I have tried restarting my Macbook, force quitting the Spotify Mac app and closing and reopening the website both the Spotify app and my Macbook are up to date. However, it still allows me to play songs on my iphone, just not on the Mac app and Web browser. This only started happening yesterday. I have added a video of the problem:

Hi @anonymous85,

Thanks for the reply and the video. Does the webplayer have the same issue on the same device? Does it work on other devices? And could you test if changing to a different network has any effect?

Let us know and we'll look into this further.

JoanModerator

Suggested posts