Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep getting randomly removed from my playlist, even though they're still on Spotify

Songs keep getting randomly removed from my playlist, even though they're still on Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

UAE, card for payment based in Jordan

Malaysia

Jordan

Device

Samsung A8, Samsung S5

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I know that some songs get removed because of copyright issues, but this is different, songs just keep getting randomly removed from my playlist and I find out by mistake, usually through the "rewind" playlists. I have way too many songs and I add many more so I can't keep up with everything that gets removed. It's extremely frustrating. At first I thought that maybe I remove them by mistake, but I found it that this definitely is not the case.

I recently found out that a LOT gets removed. It's extremely odd. This is a problem that has persisted for 3 years in 3 different contries and 2 different phones. I really love this service and don't want to use anything else for my music purposes, please help me fix it.

Note: my username is the way it is because I created my account with Facebook and the facebook account used was later deleted.

Thank you. 

4 Replies

Hey there @prasfg-_t213

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

If you notice any suspicious activity on your Spotify account, always follow the steps below first:

1. Open the Reset Password form in a private/incognito window and create a new, strong password you haven’t used for another online service; 

2. Open your Account Page, scroll down and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

If that doesn’t do the trick, just let us know and we’ll provide you with further help. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Kindly read through the entire post, this isn't an issue of suspicious activity or someone else accessing my account. I couldn't be more disappointed to be honest, I expected more than an irrelevant copy pasta after reporting an issue that I've been facing for 3 years as a premium user...

Hey there @prasfg-_t213

Thanks for getting back to us.

Let's try another step. Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I already stated that I've had this problem on two separate phones. Nevermind, Ivan. If this is what you call help, I don't want it.

Suggested posts