Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort by Recently Added in Playlist

Solved!

Sort by Recently Added in Playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The new UI update made it so that you can no longer sort the songs in a playlist by recently added? You can sort by date, but, unlike the other sort options (like “duration”, which you can choose either longest to shortest or shortest to longest) if you sort by date you are stuck looking at it from the oldest song added to the playlist. Is there a way to do this on desktop that I’m missing, or is the option just gone completely?

I hope it’s not gone completely, I really enjoyed being able to sort my playlist by recently added songs. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found out what it was. You have to extend the program, as in make the program bigger. Once you do that you see that it shows a new category. Minimize the program and then drag it out to the right and it pops up.

View solution in original post

42 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Greece

Device

HP Pavillion

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app for desktop just updated to the latest UI and now the date column is completely gone and when I sort a playlist by date it only shows the oldest songs first, whereas I want to see the newest. Is there any chance you'll add those features back? They were completely necessary, especially in collaborative lists where are many duplicates (so we need to see who added the song first to keep that track and delete the others). 

Hey @Agaphbou

That's unfortunate! Maybe something went wrong with the update. What exact version are you on? I also run the most recent version but I dont seem to be having the problem that you're describing.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

(ASUS Vivobook)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am no longer able to sort a collaborative playlist to show the most recently added song to the playlist at the top, the only sort of this type makes the first added song the top one.

the new drop down list for sorting your playlist only lets u sort the playlist in order of oldest to newest date added it doesn't do the opposite ie. arrange the playlist in order of newest to oldest date added did they remove that feature ???? Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 6.59.24 PM.png

So there was a new update it seems today and first and foremost it is horrible. It makes everything super small and zooming in then just clutters the page and doesn't scale right. The most frustrating part is that now one of my playlist's orders was rearranged and now all the new songs added to it go to the bottom of the playlist even if you sort by date added. Whoevers idea to have the songs go to the bottom is honestly not using Spotify. Like how does that make sense? Does anyone know how to revert back??

Bro, I'm in the same predicament. Like who's idea is this, you have to scroll down every time it's **bleep**ing stupid honestly.
Marked as solution

I found out what it was. You have to extend the program, as in make the program bigger. Once you do that you see that it shows a new category. Minimize the program and then drag it out to the right and it pops up.

yo you're a lifesaver! thanks so much !

I wasn't having any luck with this. Even when I extended the program and clicked to have it sort by date added, it still shows the oldest songs first. Any ideas?

I have the Date added sort filter on, and then on the category, I have it also ticked to show recents.

60e9a614a7af0d7c577cf00cd68ae832.png

I ended up talking with support and it sounds like it's an issue with a new update. Mine doesn't show the date like yours does.

GrunkleSam_0-1617323177435.png

The version is:
1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a

And my friends face the same issue as I do.

With the new UI, when I click on "recently added", my latest songs are at the BOTTOM while the older songs are found at the top. It is my habit to listen to the newer songs as often as I can while shuffling through a mixture of new/old songs, but this desktop client has made it hard to do so.

Just, please, let us have the ability to sort from A to Z, instead of just Z to A.

Thank you!

Screenshot at Apr 02 15-31-21.png

Hey @11180072851,

Thanks for reaching out.

Let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

If that doesn't fix things, could you share screenshots of how a collaborative playlist appears at your end with the sorting by date activated/deactivated? Also, just to confirm - this feature works as expected with other playlist, correct? 

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there @AhmadRafi,

Thank you for your post in the Community. We're happy to help.

You can sort the other way around when you click on the name of the date added tab.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The new setup on the desktop version of Spotify hasn't helped anything except see the exact play count on songs.... the new sorting options for playlists are horrible. 

One of my favorite parts about spotify was organizing songs by date added, which is still possible, but only one way.  The newest song i add is at the very bottom of the playlist. 

Not to mention they took away the actual date posted that you added to the playlist.  Really over Spotify changing things that don't need changing.

Maybe I'm just missing a really obvious feature, but I seem to no longer be able to sort by "recently added". I'm only able to sort by "date added" which gives me the songs from oldest to newest rather than the reverse. I'm still able to sort by recently added on the iPhone and iPad versions. This seems like a fairly basic sort category so I'm hoping I'm just missing where they've put it in the new update.

Capture.PNG

But this really sucks. Can they not make the app suitable for all screens? Sloppy work, Spotify

I uninstalled and re-installed Spotify and now I have the old UI again, so my problem is actually fixed but the new UI issue is not. I tried to make the window bigger as another user here suggested but it didn't fix anything. Also, the other moderator told us to press the arrow button on the date column BUT in the new UI there is NO such column, we already told you so. So please REMOVE this problem from the "Solved" ones and try to fix it. 

Suggested posts