Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spofity Windows Desktop version slow and crashing

Solved!

Spofity Windows Desktop version slow and crashing

I am using Spotify on my Windows 8.1 laptop. The Spotify app I'm using is version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78.

The problem with the app is that it sometimes gets very slow or even crashes, especially during searches.

This has nothing to do with the internet connection, because when I use the web-app version I don't have any problems.

However I prefer to use the Windows app version, because the sound quality is clearly superior to the web version. 

So I wonder if you could release a new version of the Windows app that has the same superior sound quality with the speed of the web-app.  

Updated on 2018-04-09

Seems like you're having an issue worth investigating.

Please search for the issue in the respective help section / ongoing issues board and post there to be in the loop. If it doesn't exist you can create a new topic, so it can fixed. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @joostmoll!

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

Let's try reinstalling the Spotify app following these steps to see if it helps.

If it crashes again after the reinstallation, I suggest heading to View, and turn off Hardware Accelleration to see if it does the trick.

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @joostmoll!

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

Let's try reinstalling the Spotify app following these steps to see if it helps.

If it crashes again after the reinstallation, I suggest heading to View, and turn off Hardware Accelleration to see if it does the trick.

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Although I always upgraded to the newest version, uninstalling and reinstalling seems to do the trick.

Thank you very much.

Suggested posts