Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Your country does not match the one set in your profile

I'm getting an error that my country does not match the one set in my profile, although I haven't really moved anywhere. I have followed another post saying that I should try using the browser player, which works for some reason, while the desktop ve...

• I'm getting an error that my country does not match the one set in my profile, although I haven't really moved anywhere. I have followed another post saying that I should try using the browser p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop volume from decreasing automatically when Spotify window is not active

Hi, I have installed Spotify version 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12aI in Windows 10 and whenever I switch from Spotify window to any other window (for example: chrome), volume starts to decrease automatically. So, whenever Spotify window is not active, the volu...

• Hi,  I have installed Spotify version 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12aI  in Windows 10 and whenever I switch from Spotify window to any other window (for example: chrome), volume starts to decrease au...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't enter spaces in search. Just pauses/plays the current song. v. 1.0.75.454.gc666a071

In version 1.0.75.454.gc666a071, I cannot search with spaces. If you try to search with spaces, all it does it pause or play the current song and does not enter the space character.

• Casual Listener
  • In version 1.0.75.454.gc666a071, I cannot search with spaces. If you try to search with spaces, all it does it pause or play the current song and does not enter the space character.
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify starting automatically

Out of the blue Spotify decided to start automatically when I boot my PC. In the Spotify settings it is NOT set to start after logging in and in my startup settings Spotify is disabled. The Spotifty Windows app is not installed.I already tried reinst...

• Music Fan
  • Out of the blue Spotify decided to start automatically when I boot my PC. In the Spotify settings it is NOT set to start after logging in and in my startup settings Spotify is disabled. The Spotifty ...
  • Dubbels
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

My top recommendations for you is not updating nor is my discover weekly playlist?

My top recommendations for you is not updating nor is my discover weekly playlist. My Top Recomendations has not updated for about 2 weeks, and my discover weekly hasn;t for one week. What can I do?

• My top recommendations for you is not updating nor is my discover weekly playlist. My Top Recomendations has not updated for about 2 weeks, and my discover weekly hasn;t for one week. What can I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

App on Windowa computer

It would'nt let me play anything because it said I was offline, so I restarted my computer and that did not work. Then I logged out, and it would let me put my information in, but wouldn't log me in. So then, I reinstalled the app and it still will n...

• It would'nt let me play anything because it said I was offline, so I restarted my computer and that did not work. Then I logged out, and it would let me put my information in, but wouldn't log me in....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No local files from OneDrive Music folder appearing on Windows 10 app

I tried adding my music library located in C:/Users/name/OneDrive/Music as a local files source. However, nothing appears in the Local Files page on the Spotify app. I noticed if I copy an album from there into C:/Users/name/Music, and then add that ...

• I tried adding my music library located in C:/Users/name/OneDrive/Music as a local files source. However, nothing appears in the Local Files page on the Spotify app.   I noticed if I copy an a...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Radio on other device but not on desktop app?

Apparently I can now use artist radio on android and start radio on web player but not on desktop app? Is this intended? I'm on Spotify Thailand. Kind Regards.

• Casual Listener
  • Apparently I can now use artist radio on android and start radio on web player but not on desktop app? Is this intended?   I'm on Spotify Thailand.   Kind Regards.
  • dancyfits
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Dit nummer is niet beschikbaar. Als het bestand op je computer staat, kun je het importeren.

Dit nummer is niet beschikbaar. Als het bestand op je computer staat, kun je het importeren. Deze foutmelding krijg ik de laatste dagen bij alle nummers die ik aanklik.Ik hoor verder ook geen muziek en zie niks afspelen. Opnieuw gedownload en oude ve...

• Dit nummer is niet beschikbaar. Als het bestand op je computer staat, kun je het importeren.   Deze foutmelding krijg ik de laatste dagen bij alle nummers die ik aanklik. Ik hoor verder ook g...
  • Esger
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Windows 10 app keeps disppearing

See image. Spotify can be seen in the task manager so IT IS running and I can play/pause/skip tracks with my media keys but Spotify is no where to be found in the taskbar nor the notification area. I have to force close Spotify via the task manager t...

• Visitor
  • See image. Spotify can be seen in the task manager so IT IS running and I can play/pause/skip tracks with my media keys but Spotify is no where to be found in the taskbar nor the notification area. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists keep disappearing and.....

My playlists will sometimes disappear and will be replaced with random foreign ones, have I been hacked or is this a spotify issue? It is really annoying to have to always recover them and is a big concern to me as well.

• My playlists will sometimes disappear and will be replaced with random foreign ones, have I been hacked or is this a spotify issue? It is really annoying to have to always recover them and is a big c...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Autofilled queue

Hi, i know that this topic already exists but there is no solution i found helpfulmy qeue is being autofilled automatically, i tried to delete it, added some songs manually, but nothing worked, i can´t listen to music i want, even skip the songs in q...

• Hi, i know that this topic already exists but there is no solution i found helpful my qeue is being autofilled automatically, i tried to delete it, added some songs manually, but nothing worked, i c...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Now playing bar disappears when fullscreen on 4th monitor

Whenever I move the Spotify window to my 4th monitor and scale it, maximize or full screen the window the now playing bar disappears. Here's what it looks like: https://gyazo.com/28cc1feaaed1a8705ffe3bb2069f8e6cDoesn't happen on any of my other monit...

• Whenever I move the Spotify window to my 4th monitor and scale it, maximize or full screen the window the now playing bar disappears.  Here's what it looks like: https://gyazo.com/28cc1f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Migrate some of your data

I know there are a couple of posts about this error on startup and I have attemptd to follow the solutions, however I am never able to remove Spotify to do a clean install. Task manager shows two versions of spotiyI can remove one - but when i try an...

• I know there are a couple of posts about this error on startup and I have attemptd to follow the solutions, however I am  never able to remove Spotify to do a clean install.   Task manage...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[FR] Creer une playlist similaire...

Bonjour, Voila, j'ecoute souvent les "Decouverte de la semaine" et parfois j'aime bien donc je cree une playlist mais j'aimerais savoir a quoi sers l'option "creer une playlist similaire" elle est toujours grise chez moi donc je m'amuse a ajouter une...

• Bonjour,   Voila, j'ecoute souvent les "Decouverte de la semaine" et parfois j'aime bien donc je cree une playlist mais j'aimerais savoir a quoi sers l'option "creer une playlist similaire" e...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Arrow key navigation buggy

I've had this issue for a long time now. If I have an artist's page up, click on a song title within an album, then try to use the arrow keys to navigate, some bizarre things happen... Keying down moves the selection to the next song fine until you r...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this issue for a long time now.   If I have an artist's page up, click on a song title within an album, then try to use the arrow keys to navigate, some bizarre things happen... &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • scroll glitch bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop playing after 5-10 songs

Whenever I start playing a playlist and after 5-10 songs it stops playing the playlist and this doesn't just happen on playlists it also happened when I start radio, after the songs stop playing the pause/play button is darkened as well as the fast f...

• Whenever I start playing a playlist and after 5-10 songs it stops playing the playlist and this doesn't just happen on playlists it also happened when I start radio, after the songs stop playing the ...
  • windok
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The shuffle button is terrible.

I hate the shuffle button so much. I got a playlist 339 songs and all it wants to do is play one artist. I want to have Avenged Sevenfold on my playlist, but when I put Avenged Sevenfold songs on the playlist that's the only thing it wants to play. I...

• I hate the shuffle button so much. I got a playlist 339 songs and all it wants to do is play one artist. I want to have Avenged Sevenfold on my playlist, but when I put Avenged Sevenfold songs on the...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify on Onkyo receiver TX NR646

Since a few weeks I can't connect Spotify to my Onkyo receiver TX NR646.I have the latest firmware installed on my receiver.Spotify app does not recognize the device via WIFI.Does anybody knows what's wrong? Regards, Jan Hagen

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few weeks I can't connect Spotify to my Onkyo receiver TX NR646. I have the latest firmware installed on my receiver. Spotify app does not recognize the device via WIFI. Does anybody knows...
  • jan63
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why is my desktop ui/text a garbled mosaic mess? [ Win7 UI bug]

Why is my UI/text a garbled, mosaic mess (picture attached)? It has been like this for a couple of months now. The program version is up to date. Nowadays I mostly listen to spotify with smart phone while travelling (no problems there), so that's why...

• Casual Listener
  • Why is my UI/text a garbled, mosaic mess (picture attached)? It has been like this for a couple of months now. The program version is up to date. Nowadays I mostly listen to spotify with smart p...
  • Tarthur
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes