Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Scroll Bar Not Visible

Solved!

Scroll Bar Not Visible

New look utilizes a dark gray scroll bar on a black background. Older monitors (non HD) do not show it at all and tablet PC can't be viewed in sunlight. Really Spotify you didnlt think about making it a more contrasting color.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oh sorry, I meant they fixed the width issue at least. The color contrast remains bad.

View solution in original post

61 Replies

The new colour scroll bar (dark grey on black) drives me crazy....please change it Spotify! 

Another vote, please change the scroll bars, they are barely visible.

i will make a customskin with lighter controlls later today. I will release it here.

Did this fix ever happen? I can hardly see the scroll bar on my laptop, unless I sit in a dark room. This is bad.

IT'S JULY 2015 AND WE STILL CAN'T SEE THE SCROLL BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JESUS CHRIST!!! I can't believe there's a new Spotify but you still can't see the scroll bar!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!

I have a problem too, when using Desktop Spotify for Windows:
When trying to scroll, there pop ups always the window for trying me to find some friends through facebook. This Pop Up Window from the right top corner is overlayig the scroll bar. It is so annoying!! Can not scroll down without getting annoyed through this sh*t. Please delete this overlaying window, which appears when you move your mouse in the right side of spotify. OR CHANGE THE POSITION AND COLOUR OF THE SCROLL BAR.

(I hope my english is understandable)

The Screenshots are showing the Problem. When going a little bit more in the right side, than the position of the scrollbar, this window pop ups, trying to connect me to facebook.

Screenshot (1).jpg
Screenshot (2).jpg

So why haven't Spotify done something about this? surely there must be more people with this problem? it's driving me mad, once again I can not see the darn scroll bar and spend far too much time trying to find the bloody thing, it's akin to looking for the light switch in a very dark room.  My eye sight is perfectly good, even when I lean into the screen I cannot see it.  

People complain about this all the time, and it's something so ridiculously obvious and annoying, I simply can't understand why Spotify won't do anything about it!!! Every time there's a new version to download, I hope the freakin thing has been corrected but NO, still having to wear night vision goggles to deal with the thing, LOL!!!!!!

Your English is horrible...LOL, I'm kidding, your English is fine and I hope MINE is ok too, LOL. I don't understand why something so obvious and so crucial hasn't already been corrected!?!?!?!!!!! I waste so much tome looking for the darn thing!!!!!!!

Not only the colour should be corrected...some up and down arrows would be very helpfull as well. I use Spotify on my laptop for the most part and it's just annoying how much effort it is to scroll up and down a large playlist or artist page. I know I can use the arrows on the keyboard but somehow I always want to click on the scrollbar just to see there's no arrows anymore (well...for 2 years already I think ;D)

tutimm - NOW WE NEED JESUS CHRIST involved to get a scroll bar we can see?!!!! lol....this is terrible customer service. they should beta test this stuff omggggggggggosh. SOMEBODY gave SOMEBODY all artsy and crap WAY TOO MUCH power in this decision. And it's taken OVER A YEAR TO FIX because it costs too much or not enough people complaining.  It functionally works and they don't realize HOW MANY TIMES I GIVE UP and just kill the SPOTIFY session out of frustration... I can't see to add a song to a certain playlist because HEAVEN HELP ME I have to find the scroll.  so.....options?   Clearly complaining here is NOT helping.  So, seems we can always  UNINSTALL   and gripe on the way out.  That's my next plan if this continues.  Software without customer service won't survive.  And there's plenty of other software NOT tied to facebook-google-yahoo-government tracking software ...  They read these blogs looking for pitfalls they can avoid and can use Spotify's faults to springboard off of for a marketing campaign.  Not hard to figure where this is heading.

...well i was going to delete this post but just like in facebook they are saving things and I can't delete..only edit.  please advise if i'm wrong...

and the scroll bar need to be wider. UP-DOWN arrows do NOT always function, even on desktop version. this whole facellift with the scroll bar is a major fail. What do the visually impaired use? That's ADA compliance....I'll use that version I don't care. But I would think plenty of visually impaired people make use of online music...and there are governmental regulations for that.

Our new school season and our discoteque has begun. We use Spotify in the teen club. What a mess. Can't see the scroll bar and Next Tracks is superflous and confusing. Who is the designer at Spotify???? So many people have been writing about this. Maybe the people at Spotify are too busy going to the bank to respond to their customers.

Can't understand it either, it's nerve wracking!!!!

The scroll bar IS too difficult to see/find. I'm color blind and thought maybe that played a part but after reading these comments I don't think that's my issue.

A couple of people have suggested making the scroll bar wider. I think if you just make the color more contrasting you won't need to make it any wider.

I'm surprised more people haven't written here. I guess people are simply living with the problem. I get that. Spotify is awesome. It would just be a little (or a lot) easier to use if we could see the scroll bar handle better.

Thanks!

sk21

Right?!  Sep 18 and I STILL can't see the scroll bars.  I keep hitting people's right side profiles trying to scroll down playlists.  What the heck is UP with that? 

asking again .. please change the scroll bar color .. it is NOT  user friendly . make it green or white .. is it really that hard of a fix ??? come on spotify .. how many times and how many people have to ask before you fix it ??? 

Suggested posts