Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Autofilled queue

Hi, i know that this topic already exists but there is no solution i found helpfulmy qeue is being autofilled automatically, i tried to delete it, added some songs manually, but nothing worked, i can´t listen to music i want, even skip the songs in q...

• Hi, i know that this topic already exists but there is no solution i found helpful my qeue is being autofilled automatically, i tried to delete it, added some songs manually, but nothing worked, i c...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Now playing bar disappears when fullscreen on 4th monitor

Whenever I move the Spotify window to my 4th monitor and scale it, maximize or full screen the window the now playing bar disappears. Here's what it looks like: https://gyazo.com/28cc1feaaed1a8705ffe3bb2069f8e6cDoesn't happen on any of my other monit...

• Whenever I move the Spotify window to my 4th monitor and scale it, maximize or full screen the window the now playing bar disappears.  Here's what it looks like: https://gyazo.com/28cc1f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Migrate some of your data

I know there are a couple of posts about this error on startup and I have attemptd to follow the solutions, however I am never able to remove Spotify to do a clean install. Task manager shows two versions of spotiyI can remove one - but when i try an...

• I know there are a couple of posts about this error on startup and I have attemptd to follow the solutions, however I am  never able to remove Spotify to do a clean install.   Task manage...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[FR] Creer une playlist similaire...

Bonjour, Voila, j'ecoute souvent les "Decouverte de la semaine" et parfois j'aime bien donc je cree une playlist mais j'aimerais savoir a quoi sers l'option "creer une playlist similaire" elle est toujours grise chez moi donc je m'amuse a ajouter une...

• Bonjour,   Voila, j'ecoute souvent les "Decouverte de la semaine" et parfois j'aime bien donc je cree une playlist mais j'aimerais savoir a quoi sers l'option "creer une playlist similaire" e...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Arrow key navigation buggy

I've had this issue for a long time now. If I have an artist's page up, click on a song title within an album, then try to use the arrow keys to navigate, some bizarre things happen... Keying down moves the selection to the next song fine until you r...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this issue for a long time now.   If I have an artist's page up, click on a song title within an album, then try to use the arrow keys to navigate, some bizarre things happen... &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • scroll glitch bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop playing after 5-10 songs

Whenever I start playing a playlist and after 5-10 songs it stops playing the playlist and this doesn't just happen on playlists it also happened when I start radio, after the songs stop playing the pause/play button is darkened as well as the fast f...

• Whenever I start playing a playlist and after 5-10 songs it stops playing the playlist and this doesn't just happen on playlists it also happened when I start radio, after the songs stop playing the ...
  • windok
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The shuffle button is terrible.

I hate the shuffle button so much. I got a playlist 339 songs and all it wants to do is play one artist. I want to have Avenged Sevenfold on my playlist, but when I put Avenged Sevenfold songs on the playlist that's the only thing it wants to play. I...

• I hate the shuffle button so much. I got a playlist 339 songs and all it wants to do is play one artist. I want to have Avenged Sevenfold on my playlist, but when I put Avenged Sevenfold songs on the...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify on Onkyo receiver TX NR646

Since a few weeks I can't connect Spotify to my Onkyo receiver TX NR646.I have the latest firmware installed on my receiver.Spotify app does not recognize the device via WIFI.Does anybody knows what's wrong? Regards, Jan Hagen

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few weeks I can't connect Spotify to my Onkyo receiver TX NR646. I have the latest firmware installed on my receiver. Spotify app does not recognize the device via WIFI. Does anybody knows...
  • jan63
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why is my desktop ui/text a garbled mosaic mess? [ Win7 UI bug]

Why is my UI/text a garbled, mosaic mess (picture attached)? It has been like this for a couple of months now. The program version is up to date. Nowadays I mostly listen to spotify with smart phone while travelling (no problems there), so that's why...

• Casual Listener
  • Why is my UI/text a garbled, mosaic mess (picture attached)? It has been like this for a couple of months now. The program version is up to date. Nowadays I mostly listen to spotify with smart p...
  • Tarthur
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Followed Podcast doesn't appear in Library

I went to follow tow podcasts: Freakonomics Radio and Radiolab. I searched for Freakonomics and found it. I was able to hover my mouse over the album cover and follow it. I opened my library and was able to see it just fine. Then I went to add Radiol...

• I went to follow tow podcasts: Freakonomics Radio and Radiolab.   I searched for Freakonomics and found it. I was able to hover my mouse over the album cover and follow it. I opened my library...
  • nategreen333
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 18 likes

"Can't play the current song" in the middle of a song

I've been a happy Spotify premium user for a couple of years now. Since today, I have some issues with the Windows desktop client on both my tablet as well as my desktop PC. The PC has wired network connectivity and outputs audio through HDMI. The ta...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a happy Spotify premium user for a couple of years now. Since today, I have some issues with the Windows desktop client on both my tablet as well as my desktop PC. The PC has wired network ...
  • Cleverbird
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Playlist I created won't load on iPhone or in web player using Chrome

I have a playlist that shows up in my library in the iPhone app, the title is still there and correct but it no longer shows the number of songs or created by underneath, and when I click on it in my iPhone it just has the 3 dots like it's waiting, w...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist that shows up in my library in the iPhone app, the title is still there and correct but it no longer shows the number of songs or created by underneath, and when I click on it in my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not playing

Every time I try to play a song that I have starred, I get this message: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". Not even 10 minutes ago, all the songs were playing perfectly fine. I've tried uninstallin...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I try to play a song that I have starred, I get this message: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". Not even 10 minutes ago, all the songs ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see friends feed

Hey there. Can't see my friends feed. Checked preferences, the option is ticked "on". I recently uninstalled and re-installed. Didn't fix the problem. Then followed another advice on this forum to log out and sign in twice in a row. Didn't work. Plea...

• Hey there. Can't see my friends feed. Checked preferences, the option is ticked "on". I recently uninstalled and re-installed. Didn't fix the problem. Then followed another advice on this forum to lo...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! App always open by themself when laptop is turn on

Hello, I need help with my spotify, I am using a window 10. My app will always open by themself when my laptop is turn on, Please help

• Regular
  • Hello,  I need help with my spotify, I am using a window 10. My app will always open by themself when my laptop is turn on, Please help
  • idk__
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Change Storage Location

How do i change where offline playlists save to, my C drive is only a 129g SSD and haveing 20-30 gig of musc on a perfomance SSD is a waste of space and what not. Iv moved the SPotfy install folder to another drve, but everything still downloads to A...

• How do i change where offline playlists save to, my C drive is only a 129g SSD and haveing 20-30 gig of musc on a perfomance SSD is a waste of space and what not.   Iv moved the SPotfy insta...
  • Izaac_Marvell
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes

"Waiting for Connection" can't download songs to Windows 7 PC

Whenever I try to download a playlist to my laptop, running windows 7, it just sits forever on "waiting for connection", but it can connect to the internet just fine. Songs stream without any problems, but I want to be able to download for plane ride...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to download a playlist to my laptop, running windows 7, it just sits forever on "waiting for connection", but it can connect to the internet just fine.  Songs stream without any p...
  • billsech
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Delete local music

hey community.i just have a simple question: i have moved my local music from my notebook to an external harddrive.now i have the problem, there are 2600 songs in my local musik inside spotify desktop app but i cannot play them because they are moved...

• hey community. i just have a simple question:    i have moved my local music from my notebook to an external harddrive. now i have the problem, there are 2600 songs in my local musik in...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify strugging to update

Hey there! I've had this problem since I first downloaded spotify a few months ago. My problem is that Spotify struggles to update. I'm pretty sure it doesn't try at all. The popup with the update information appears, but it takes over 4 hours to upd...

• Visitor
  • Hey there! I've had this problem since I first downloaded spotify a few months ago. My problem is that Spotify struggles to update. I'm pretty sure it doesn't try at all. The popup with the update in...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Popping/Crackling on All Songs

I've seen this problem posted a lot, but never with any actual solution. I'm hearing random crackling and popping VERY frequently through all songs on desktop spotify whenever I play music through my plug-in speakers. Spotify Web Player does not make...

• Casual Listener
  • I've seen this problem posted a lot, but never with any actual solution. I'm hearing random crackling and popping VERY frequently through all songs on desktop spotify whenever I play music through my...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes