Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop app under corporate firewall with CNTLM

Hello. I'm successfully using CNTLM as a proxy to install python packages. and other stuff, etc. But, for some reason, Spotify desktop app is not being able to use it and connect. I've tried many variations: HTTP, SOCKS4, ..., adding or not adding my...

• Regular
  • Hello.  I'm successfully using CNTLM as a proxy to install python packages. and other stuff, etc.   But, for some reason, Spotify desktop app is not being able to use it and connect...
  • seanjseymour
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashes Windows 8.1

For the past 3 weeks now, if I have Spotify playing music in the background on my Windows 8.1 laptop, after a random time (could be one song, could be a half days worth), it will at some point freeze where it loops 1second of the song that was playin...

• For the past 3 weeks now, if I have Spotify playing music in the background on my Windows 8.1 laptop, after a random time (could be one song, could be a half days worth), it will at some point freeze...
  • CzechFencer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Start

I have an Argon stream2 streamer. I also have this PC, connected to the same network. Now I try to play spotify on the streamer. It has a place called "Spotify", so I went there, pressed the "select button". It now says "Waiting for users" and there ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Argon stream2 streamer. I also have this PC, connected to the same network. Now I try to play spotify on the streamer. It has a place called "Spotify", so I went there, pressed the "select ...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to add local file to IOS?

https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/28829548_10156313192011617_342186544_n.jpg?oh=948611846a957f99274f94cfa8e9a6c4&oe=5A9F5200 The same playlists shows nothing in my IPhone, how to fix this, thanks a lot.

• Casual Listener
  • https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/28829548_10156313192011617_342186544_n.jpg?oh=948611846a957f99274f94cfa8e9a6c4&oe=5A9F5200   The same playlists shows nothing in my IPhone, ...
  • climbk49266
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists gone

I accidentally disconnected my account from Facebook, and all my playlists disappeared. I reconnected to Facebook, but they're still gone. I tried going to the recover playlists page, which did work. Is there any way to get them back?

• I accidentally disconnected my account from Facebook, and all my playlists disappeared. I reconnected to Facebook, but they're still gone. I tried going to the recover playlists page, which did work....
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Blue screen

Hi guys, every time I try to install Spotify on my computer running windows 10 gives me a Blue Screen of Death, anybody knows why and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,  every time I try to install Spotify on my computer running windows 10 gives me a Blue Screen of Death, anybody knows why and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
  • CarolDavidson59
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Dear Spotify it is 2018. Why is your Windows version still so sluggish?

Hello, my hardware is capable of running modern games with 120fps+ on fullHD. Ryzen 1700x paired with a GTX1080. Yet my computer is struggling to handle Spotify and dont tell me to delete cache files or remove some folders to scan because I already d...

• Hello,      my hardware is capable of running modern games with 120fps+ on fullHD. Ryzen 1700x paired with a GTX1080. Yet my computer is struggling to handle Spotify and dont tell m...
  • reeong
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Release in Croatia?

Any plans for that? ETA? 

• Visitor
  • Any plans for that? ETA? 
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 19 likes

Solved!! How can I install spotify on a different drive?

I do not want spotify on my C drive, I would like it to install on my E drive. When I install spotify it automatically goes to C drive and does not even give me an option to change this. Is there a way to change it?

• Regular
  • I do not want spotify on my C drive, I would like it to install on my E drive.  When I install spotify it automatically goes to C drive and does not even give me an option to change this.  ...
  • AJRamos308
  • 26 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 6 likes

[Bug] User Name Cutoff After 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc update

The recent Windows Spotify Desktop App update [v1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc] has a issue with scaling (NOT the Microsoft Store version). More to the point the Minimize Button cuts off part of the User Name/Little Arrow in the upper right corner. Steps to re...

• The recent Windows Spotify Desktop App update [v1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc] has a issue with scaling (NOT the Microsoft Store version).   More to the point the Minimize Button cuts off part of the U...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! How Can I Change My Name on Spotify? (Not Username)

I've looked around the spotify community for the answer to this question, and I know that you can't change your username on spotify. But I don't care about that, because my username is some random string of letters and numbers that doesn't show up on...

• Regular
  • I've looked around the spotify community for the answer to this question, and I know that you can't change your username on spotify. But I don't care about that, because my username is some random st...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist dissapeared in windows desktop app

A colaborative playlist I've made appear on the web version of Spotify, but after I sign the premium, the playlist doesn't appear on desktop app. What can I do?

• A colaborative playlist I've made appear on the web version of Spotify, but after I sign the premium, the playlist doesn't appear on desktop app. What can I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify desktop fullscreen bug

I'm running a dual monitor setup and noticed that when I move the Spotify app to my main screen and fullscreen it, it cuts off at my friends list and just displays my desktop on the far right of my screen. This also means that it cuts off the volume ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running a dual monitor setup and noticed that when I move the Spotify app to my main screen and fullscreen it, it cuts off at my friends list and just displays my desktop on the far right of my s...
  • SchmooStuff
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays music on its own.

Cant seem to find a costumer support? My spotify on my phone is playing music by itself. I can see on the recently played list, that it is not my music. Sometimes another device tries to change my playing device, an i have to overule it a couple of t...

• Cant seem to find a costumer support? My spotify on my phone is playing music by itself. I can see on the recently played list, that it is not my music. Sometimes another device tries to change my pl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot Login To Spotify Please Help.

I can't login to spotify.It says,"Your email and password combination does not match a spotify account".

• I can't login to spotify.It says,"Your email and password combination does not match a spotify account".
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nueva tab en Chrome al usar teclas multimedia

Uso el cliente de escritorio en Windows 10, y cada vez que pauso o avanzo una cancion, estando con el Google Chrome en primer plano, se me abre una tab de Spotify Web, una por cada que presiono una tecla.O sea, avanzo 3 temas, me abre 3 tabs, si paus...

• Uso el cliente de escritorio en Windows 10, y cada vez que pauso o avanzo una cancion, estando con el Google Chrome en primer plano, se me abre una tab de Spotify Web, una por cada que presiono una t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • chrome
    Tab
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 7 desktop,spotify not responding

Hi, Im using free account on my windows 7 laptop, but i have constantly receiving "not responding" messages, and once im on spotify its not responding or is very slow (my internet speed is very high) also i have tried almost all sugestion from suppor...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Im using free account on my windows 7 laptop, but i have constantly receiving "not responding" messages, and once im on spotify its not responding or is very slow (my internet speed is very high)...
  • rama0203
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot login, facebook button does nothing

ok so my spotify updated the other day, and for some reason I cannot log back in. the facebook button does nothingI've reinstalled 3 timesI've tried the windows 10 store versionI've tried to login manually typing my fb account detailsI've tried to re...

• Casual Listener
  • ok so my spotify updated the other day, and for some reason I cannot log back in.   the facebook button does nothing I've reinstalled 3 times I've tried the windows 10 store version I've tr...
  • therealdanhall
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't play songs on Spotify that were on hard drive once on Windows 10

I have a problem with Spotify playing songs. Here is what happened, origianlly on my Windows 10 laptop I used to have both Spotify and iTunes. iTunes eventually stopped working for me because for whatever reason it locked me out of opening it. So now...

• I have a problem with Spotify playing songs. Here is what happened, origianlly on my Windows 10 laptop I used to have both Spotify and iTunes. iTunes eventually stopped working for me because for wha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify stops and starts playing randomly (Windows and Android)

My spotify stops and starts playing randomly what getting me furious cause it happening after just few songs everytime. It's not a connections issue for sure cause i've been trying on multiple devices (PCs, Android smartphones) and various connection...

• My spotify stops and starts playing randomly what getting me furious cause it happening after just few songs everytime. It's not a connections issue for sure cause i've been trying on multiple device...
  • Opportunist
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Windows 8
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes