Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App on Windows won't play any music unless I'm using on-board sound card

Spotify App on Windows won't play any music unless I'm using on-board sound card

I've been waiting several versions to see if updates would fix the issue and it has not fixed it. Any other app or website is playing fine, including Deezer and Amazon Music.

I am one step closer to abandoning Spotify once and for all. You're no longer the king of streaming, so sort your [self-censoring myself] app.

I have a high-end DAC that came with my ASUS motherboard (Rampage V Edition 10) and Spotify doesn't play with it. It will only play if I disable the on-board audio on Device Manager.

No other application in my computer behaves this way. If I select a song and press play using on-board audio, Spotify plays it. But if I switch to my high fidelity DAC then it doesn't. And all other apps do. What do you think I'm going to choose between, your stupid app or my high quality DAC + another music service?

It's not too hard to guess. This is the sole reason why I don't pay for premium, it's like the money is going down the drain if you can't listen to the music using better equipment. If I disable the on-board audio then the app plays on the DAC, which means it's a problem with the Spotify app.

The only thing the app says is "this song is not available, you can play it if you import it." But even songs that are locally stored on the computer won't play.

Please don't ask me to adjust my audio settings, I am computer literate and I've already done everything possible, including the steps on the link below. The issue is with your app so please escalate to your technical team.

https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/spotify-playing-with-no-sound/

2017-01-01 12_01_53-Greenshot.png
1 Reply

I just want to add one thing, the app does play as long as the setting on my DAC is 192kHz, but as you can see then I lose the higher quality up to 384kHz when I use a higher quality source and I don't want to keep changing settings just because of Spotify. Now that you know what the issue is, please patch it.

2017-01-01 12_50_06-ASUS SupremeFX Hi-Fi Control Panel.png

Suggested posts