Premium

Country

Germany

Devices

OnePlus 8 Pro & Desktop PC

Operating System

Android 11 (latest Update on March 1st) & Windows 10 2004

My Question or Issue

When Playing songs on my Desktop PC via Spotify, my phone either shows the wrong song playing and acts like it's paused, or spotify on my phone shows no song playing at all and almost all options within the settings are greyed out (I can't even change the playback device).
Spotify has been uninstalled and reinstalled on both devices. Starting a session within the mobile app and controlling the Desktop Version with different/additional phones shows the same results.
Controlling the Desktop via the phone's web-browser works just fine, only the app seems to be corrupted.

The same exact setup was working fine for the past year or so. I've also checked the wifi router for recent update, but the last automatic update was sometime in february.

Am I the only one with this problem or is this due to some updates on mobile or on desktop?

(I can't post within the android thread, the page keeps refreshing indefinetely)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Monster0308 and @AimaiOng,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We're aware of this and we're currently investigating it. We recommend heading over this Ongoing Issue thread and adding your +Vote and the required info. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any updates, as they'll be shared there.

Apologies for any inconvenience. If you need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I have a similar problem. I am unable to use my Android as a remote control on desktop.

I have reinstalled both app and desktop versions on my Mac.  

Problem faced:

1. Unable to control using Android

2. Music title featured on Andriod is different from music playing on desktop

Thank you.

Marked as solution

Hi @Monster0308 and @AimaiOng,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We're aware of this and we're currently investigating it. We recommend heading over this Ongoing Issue thread and adding your +Vote and the required info. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any updates, as they'll be shared there.

Apologies for any inconvenience. If you need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

You are awesome!
Do update me!

Stay safe!

Please show me how can i subscribe to this thread? 😮

On phone you can simply subscribe to a post by selecting "subscribe" within the small menu (see Screenshot). On desktop it should be similar

Screenshot_20210421-062841__01.jpg

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies, and thank you @Monster0308 for sharing your knowledge.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The issue link in the solution answer says "Access denied".  It asks for a spotify account, I use my regular user one (not a developer).  I'd like to know the state of the issue, because I experience the same with iOS device.  After more than two years this is known...

Still experiencing this issue, how is it not fixed yet? In fact it seems to be getting worse as months pass.

Suggested posts