Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect / Broadcasting is not working

Solved!

Spotify Connect / Broadcasting is not working

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Lenovo Laptop / Samsung

Operating System

Windows 10, Android 10

Spotify Version

Desktop: 1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b

Android: 8.7.66.534

My Question or Issue

Since the last week, I have been unable to use the Spotify Connect functions from my Desktop app on Windows. The Desktop app also does not broadcast currently playing tracks to 3rd parties (Notably Discord)

Troubleshooting:

- I have preformed a clean-install per the instructions located in the spotify help pages

- I have tried both LAN (Hard wired), Wireless (On the same network as my phone) and have also attempted to use a mobile hotspot / 4g to see if my desktop app would broadcast anything. All have failed

- I've reviewed / reset, re-allowed my firewall settings for Spotify after reinstalling

Notes:

On my desktop app, I can see my google devices listed (I have 3 google home devices, and 2 chromecast youtube TV apps) however, when attempting to connect, my devices respond but never actually connect and will contentiously reset trying to connect. My phone has zero issues connecting to these devices from the android app.

If I open Spotify on a browser on my laptop, it's able to see my phone / broadcast with no issues, but does not see any google home products (No big deal)

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Looks like with the newest version, 1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe, they have corrected all of the issues I've listed above! Thank you to the quick response and correction from the Spotify technical team, along with the community team for bringing this issue to them as well!

Just update and it should hopefully correct any issues with spotify connect, and broadcasting to other devices such as discord.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

the same issue is happeing with me, the reason is probabily a bug on the new update

This update is just bugged, they need to fix it.

I am experiencing the same issue right now. I suspect the recent Spotify PC client update

Hello all! So it seems my issues have been resolved (literally overnight)... I'm not sure if it was a function of something Spotify tweaked on their end (Didn't see an update to my desktop app, still on 1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b) or something along the lines of me simply shutting everything down for the night... but my Connect / Discord Presence features have returned. Real head scratcher, as I had restarted all of my devices along with my router numerous times yesterday to no avail. Hopefully it stays fixed hah.

Update: As if to mock me, the issue returned after I needed to restart my computer -_-.... The fun continues I suppose.

I had the exact same issue, seems I was able to fix the issue by first fully uninstalling spotify then installing the microsoft store version of spotify (it's important you uninstall first or else windows will detect you have it installed and won't properly install a new one), then try starting a song on another device (browser, phone), and it should work now.

I'll give that a go as well. It's so sporadic, like just now it worked fine, but when I close the program / reopen nothing lol. (Well then don't close the program!!!)

I've even had limited success with going to offline mode, then back online...

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts in the Community.

We can confirm that it's currently an ongoing issue about this here. You can give it a Like, provide the information that's being asked for in the thread and also Subscribe to it so you don't miss any updates about this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

Looks like with the newest version, 1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe, they have corrected all of the issues I've listed above! Thank you to the quick response and correction from the Spotify technical team, along with the community team for bringing this issue to them as well!

Just update and it should hopefully correct any issues with spotify connect, and broadcasting to other devices such as discord.

same for me, the issue has been fixed, ty guys!

Hey @themoore117,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Just continue keeping your app updated to the latest version available, so you never miss on any fixes or new features being released. 

Have a good one and stay safe!

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @udacula,

Thanks for confirming all is well now - that's great 🙂 Keep your app always on the latest version to be sure you're not missing out in fixes and new features as well.

Take care!

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts