Spotify Connect Feature not working.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I went on Discord and noticed it wasn't "picking up" a song, but when I went to the Opera GX player, or anywhere else it says I'm not playing a song. Now when I go to the Desktop app, it says it's playing something so I'm just able to play 2 songs at the same time, on Desktop app, and on the Web Browser. This all started after I relaunched spotify (most likely an update) and now my Desktop app, doesn't "contact" the servers, logged out of everywhere etc. I did all the basics, but it seems like the issue remains the same way. It "fixes" it self when I click "connect to xbox" and when I close the desktop app, and play a song and then go on the Web Player, and resume it, it just breaks it again on the desktop app, I don't know if there's a fix for this, or if I'm just stuck with using the web browser. Seeing I tried everything there is to do.
Images shown below, will also show the same issues. 
And the discord attachment is when I play the song on, the Web Player it's the only one that connects with Discord, and that actually works without breaking my songs.

image_2022-09-21_035343829.png
image_2022-09-21_035500511.png
image_2022-09-21_035737431.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Player-Resulted,

Sorry to see you've been experiencing this issue.
As there are two versions of the desktop app - one from our website and one from the Microsoft app store (optimized for Windows), we'd like to ask you to install the one you do not currently have to see if that would make any difference.

Let us know how it goes 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I'm facing the same issue since yesterday.

Marked as solution

Hey @Player-Resulted,

Sorry to see you've been experiencing this issue.
As there are two versions of the desktop app - one from our website and one from the Microsoft app store (optimized for Windows), we'd like to ask you to install the one you do not currently have to see if that would make any difference.

Let us know how it goes 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator

And for me, thinking that I had the actual "Spotify Desktop App" this whole time, thanks for letting me know! Solved my issue instantly, the "Windows App" Pre-Installed isn't currently working.

PlayerResulted_0-1663872956170.png

Yet again, thank you. 

Hey @Player-Resulted,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now after installing the actual Desktop app. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing what works for you. Hopefully, your post will fix the issue for other users too.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts