NEXT STEP

[Spotify Connect] Won't detect between PC and Phone

[Spotify Connect] Won't detect between PC and Phone

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Custom Win10 Desktop, Win10 Lenovo Laptop, Android Pixel 2 (Android Pie)

My Question or Issue

For a while now, none of my Windows PC's will detect my phone as an option to connect, and vice versa. This used to work between different internet connections too (cell and wifi, for example), but now even on the same wifi network it does not show up. I've tried clearing cache, reinstalling, not sure what's up. 

5 Replies

Hi there,

Strange your phone (or PC) is listed as an option to connect (from the opposite device). Spotify connect is meant for "dumb terminals" - things like cars, speakers and other sound systems.
Check out the list of Spotify enabled gear here.

The way you're using it, you're kind of 'confusing' the Spotify app. It'll detect it's listening on another 'smart' device like a PC or smartphone and will cut the connection on the other device because you can only use your Spotify account for one terminal at a time. Speaker systems are a different story.

Hope this clears things up?

VERY late reply, but no that doesn't clear anything up. 

My usecase is I WANT to switch from playing on my PC to playing on my phone, and vice versa. When they are connected, the playlist / queue is synced, and I can play/pause the active instance from any device. It is supposed to detect any "smart" device as available to be switched to.

If I want to play on my Phone, but have my desktop show what's playing and let me play/pause/skip with keyboard media keys, then it needs to connect.  

juneku_0-1624466663418.png

Hey @juneku

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, does the music sync between your devices when you open the app on them (PC and phone)? 

Also, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello!

I have the same trouble.

Hi @z_sashok,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

Since this is happening on a new PC, we'll check some settings first.

To start, could you temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus? This way we can make sure they're not blocking the app's connection. 

Another thing to try is to run a clean reinstall of the app, and if you have a Windows PC, download the app directly from the Microsoft Store.

Hope this helps. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts