Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not working desktop

Spotify Connect not working desktop

Hi

My desktop app (Windows) isn't synchronizing the playing music by Spotify Connect. In phone app and the browser works fine, but in the desktop version not works.

I already tried to reinstall (Microsoft Store and Spotify Website) and not fix.

Version Spotify for Windows 1.2.5.1006.g22820f93
Windows 10
Brazil
Top Answer
Lyubka

Hey there folks,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We appreciate all the troubleshooting you've tried so far and all the details you've shared with us. Our developers have looked into this, but could not identify the issue on our end, so it's likely that the issue is with your individual set-up and we'd suggest that you get in touch with the manufacturer of the specific device about this. They know the specifics of each device and can help you further.

As models and specific set ups still work but from our end we cannot guarantee all devices will. This depends on multiple factors. Firmware updates on receivers/speakers and app updates from Spotify's end sometimes get out of tune which might cause issues.

We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version, so that you don't miss out on any fixes and improvements.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂

58 Replies

I've been having the same issue since September 2023, tried all of methods adviced here and got no solution still. web browser and phone are in sync and recognize each other but using the desktop app it just doesnt identify anything and is not identified either on Devices. Ive attached a picture of what it looks like, the left is the app and the right is the web version.

image.png

Having the same issue as the screenshot in the post above, I was going crazy thinking it was something I did but it looks like I'm not the only one. Can you please fix this?

Its really annoying because I have a stream deck mainly to control spotify but it cant detect the spotfiy app

I am exactly the same. I have Spotify allowed/ignored by Anti-Virus & Firewall and the desktop app still refuses to work properly. Windows 10, Admin account etc.

Web works fine, but it's so limited in terms of usability. I am surprised this hasn't been fixed yet. I have done all the usual things: reinstall apps, fresh installs (including CCleaner registry wipes), logging out everywhere and logging back in.

The problem is with the app itself and how it connects to other devices, as every other connection works without an issue.

Also done all of those steps if not even more, i've given up now as I know for sure its something only spotify themselves can fix it. 

My Windows Spotify don't connect to my other devices neither to Discord Integration, I've an iPhone and a MacBook and they work fine with each other, just windows have this issue. I can literally be listening to 2 different songs, one in my Windows PC and another in my MacBook/iPhone. I've reinstalled with spotify's .exe I've tried the Microsoft Store one, performed a clean installation in both, out of ideas...

I'm now one of the many running into this issue. I've never had a problem seeing all my devices on my network. With the latest update that all changed. I can no longer see any of my devices. I've tried everything in this post, but nothing has worked. This has to be an issue on Spotify's end. 

I got it solved!

The trick was to take the Microsoft Store version!

If you running in to following error 0x80073D05 (like me), try the steps below:

1. Try running Windows+R and enter %localappdata%
2. Press enter
3. Locate Packages

4. Scroll to find the one with Spotify

5. Rename it ie.  Add an underscore to the beginning of the folder

6. Go into Microsoft Store

7. Select the ellipses, the ... on the upper right

8. Select Download and Updates

9. Select All owned on the left side

10. Locate your Spotify

11. Try installing again

The Microsoft Store version is working now, recognizes and syncing every device in my network!

Regards

Hi, I've tried that today, and it worked for Spotify on web browser only, on the app im still having the same issue

Hi!

ha you completely uninstalled the App, including the file located in Packages?

Yes, im currently resetting my windows and seeing if that works,

Hope it’s working afterwards!

can someone help my like whenever i play a song on spotify through my pc app, for some reason it is not synced with the web player and mobile and doesnt show up on discord or last.fm
(web player and mobile are synced and they show up on discord and last.fm)

I've tried:
- restarting pc
- reinstalling spotify
- uninstalling and installing it from ms store
- reinstalling from ms store
- installing from website again
- clearing wmi repository
- reconnecting in discord settings
- checking firewall stuff and everything seems fine
- going offline mode for more than 7-8 mins
- clearing cache

Also this happened just yesterday when I received the blue dot notif and updated my app.

Had all the same issues in this thread, nothing works from all the methods listed. It's just something only spotify can fix

I had this problem when trying to connect the app on my PC and my iPhone using Spotify Connect. I tried everything to connect them and confirmed that the Windows version of the Spotify app has a problem functioning Spotify Connect. The Web Player on my PC (chrome) can find my iPhone and my iPhone can find the Web Player, while both of them fail to find my Windows app. I already re-installed the app and checked the settings but it still doesn't work. The Web Player doesn't provide good-quality sound so I appreciate it if I could connect the Windows app and the other devices.

When I try to authorize my desktop app from web I get an error and that something went wrong, this has been going for few days.

I tried all the solutions in this thread and web player and phone app are working fine so don't know what is the issue anymore

I took time to use every possible solution in this discussion mentioned. None helped so far. My web browser as well as other smart devices work fine exception is PC. Things started with when I see no spotify app activity popping up in Discord via PC. This is happening with both the Windows Store app as well as direct downloaded version of spotify from the spotify itself. The PC is totally unrecognizable for spotify desktop app.

Plan

Family Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having this  issue currently, so far something I've figured out is that Spotify web can detect Spotify on the iPhone and it can also detect the smart speaker that I'm signed into Spotify on as well. They can all see each other, except the desktop app both downloaded directly from Spotify and from the Microsoft store. I still can't figure out why no solutions work and seems to be a Spotify specific issue not hardware or OS issue as I have tried everything hardware and OS related. Only issue is see is Spotify itself on Desktop.

One image shows the web version and the other the Microsoft download version.

SPOTIFY WEB.png
DESK TOP VERSION.png

Suggested posts