Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect shows 2 names for the same computer

Spotify Connect shows 2 names for the same computer

I have a computer named "TV" that is attached to my TV. I usually work at my desk (we will call it Harry) in the same room and control Spotify from there but I like to switch between by Harry and "TV" depending on the song, my mood ect. This has worked flawlessly since I signed up for the Student Premium. Recently I have been trying to switch from listening on Harry to listening on TV using Harry's app as normal, but I wasn't getting sound out of TV when i did. I would remote into TV and when I look at the "connect to a device" in TV's Spotify app, I see "TV" and "listen on this device" which is weird because it is the same device. I shouldn't be seeing "TV" because I am logged into TV. When I physically click on "listen on this device" in TV's app, I get music. For some reason when I switch to TV from Harry, it switches but doesn't make the connection that TV and "listen on this device" is the same device. Another thing I noticed is when I do click on "listen on this device" the TV label in TV's app goes away. This is all new, it's kinda frustrating that I have to remote in to TV every time I want to listen on that system. First world problems I know, but when you are in a groove doing Thermodynamics and you have to stop to switch the output, it can sometimes be difficult to get started again... Any ideas? 

1 Reply

Hey there @wigglyword!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community! Thermodynamics is no easy subject, so we'll do our best to help you keep your focus.

We can start off with by suggesting that you go ahead and restart your devices and your router to make sure that everything is synced up properly.

Could you also try renaming your computer to see if that will make a difference in this case?

Lastly, we'd be be grateful if you could send us some screenshots of when you see when you try to connect so that we would be able to take a closer look.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts