Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Error 30

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIrelandDeviceHp Pavillion DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've read other articles and support pages and completed all steps (Clean install, Deleting Spotify folder, checking hosts document) none have work...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Ireland Device Hp Pavillion Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've read other articles and support pages and completed all steps (Cle...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Error 30
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sporify skipping songs by itself

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify is instantly skipping songs, it doesn't do it anywhere else not even the web version of spotify. It started when i got some new headphones i tried switching ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify is instantly skipping songs, it doesn't do it anywhere else not even the web vers...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random song changes with volume change aswell

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen listening playlist it randomly changes the playlist to a single song. Lately, it just clears the queue. Also, it lowers the volume to maybe 10% but today it just mute...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Android Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When listening playlist it randomly changes the playlist to a single song. Lately, it just...
  • rihhard1
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

delete

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhy can't I delete Recently Played or anything at all? I know I am not the only one who is bo...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Why can...
  • 引きこもり
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists not updating

PlanFree/PremiumDeviceHP PavillionOperating System Windows 10,etc My Question or IssueHey, so basically, I was updating my playlists by changing their names, descriptions and cover art. The only thing that actually updated on them were the names and ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Free/Premium Device HP Pavillion Operating System  Windows 10,etc   My Question or Issue Hey, so basically, I was updating my playlists by changing their names, descriptions an...
  • -Dylliance-
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Cover Art
    Description
    Playlist Cover image change
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Connect to a device not working

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will b e for us to try and help.Plan/PremiumCountryAustralia DeviceWindows 10(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Or...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will b   e for us to try and help. Plan /Premium CountryAustralia   DeviceWindows 10 (iPhone 8...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird issue

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Using the web based player. If I click on a single and then go back to the artist page the single I clicked on has moved to the album section!

• Visitor
  • Device PC Operating System Windows 10   Using the web based player. If I click on a single and then go back to the artist page the single I clicked on has moved to the album section! &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't 'like' local songs?

I can't find a way to 'like' a local song, yet if I play the same song from spotify's library I can like it. Local songs also do not appear in 'Recently Played'. My conclusion is that local songs do not contribute to recommendations, is that correct?...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't find a way to 'like' a local song, yet if I play the same song from spotify's library I can like it.  Local songs also do not appear in 'Recently Played'.   My conclusion is th...
  • 引きこもり
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No "don't play this music" button for daily mixes on desktop app

PlanFreeCountryNew ZealandDeviceHP ProbookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have been using the Spotify mobile app for a while and really like how there is the option to tell Spotify that you don't want to hear a certain song or artist...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country New Zealand Device HP Probook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have been using the Spotify mobile app for a while and really like how there is the...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

mouse button 3,4,5 issues

There is some bad code associated with mouse buttons 3,4,5 in the Spotify PC desktop client. It doesn't necessarily break anything as far as I can tell. However, it reflects the low quality and neglect of the Spotify desktop experience. These are bas...

• Composer
  • There is some bad code associated with mouse buttons 3,4,5 in the Spotify PC desktop client. It doesn't necessarily break anything as far as I can tell. However, it reflects the low quality and negle...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't see any album, playlist or artist image

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaOperating SystemWindows 10 I've tried reinstalling the app but the images that were saved (in cache probably) previously dissapeared and now there is no artwork on the entire app, except personalized playlist images.I wouldn'...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Romania Operating System Windows 10   I've tried reinstalling the app but the images that were saved (in cache probably) previously dissapeared and now there is no ar...
  • Ashktarr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking the album icon doesn't take you to the correct song

PlanPremiumDeviceComputer running Windows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis is a bug that has been bothering me for a while now, not sure how long it's been around, but thought I should post a bug report so that it might get fixed...

Spotify GIF.gif
  • Plan Premium Device Computer running Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This is a bug that has been bothering me for a while now, not sure how long it's been a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 7: Sotify hide volume control icon in systray

Revently I've noticed when I run Spotify (Windows 7 x64) volume control icon vanishes This is very annoying, I simply get use to click on that icon to control volume, not inside Spotify as it's less accurate. Why Spotify forces this behaviour?

• Revently I've noticed when I run Spotify (Windows 7 x64) volume control icon vanishes 😞 This is very annoying, I simply get use to click on that icon to control volume, not inside Spotify as it's l...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All playlists available

PlanPremiumCountry Netherlands DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I want to see all the playlists from the user The Sound of Spotify.In the list of Public Playlistst I only see the first 200 lists, but they have more than 3000 li...

• Regular
  • ...In the list of Public Playlistst I only see the first 200 lists, but they have more than 3000 lists. How is it possible for me to see them? In the online player the list is refreshing if you s...
  • Edsworld
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with playback on windows

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceRedmi Note 7Operating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueI'm having trouble using Spotify on the desktop, I can use it normally on my phone and on the desktop when the sound comes out on the monitor, but when I put it...

•   Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Redmi Note 7 Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm having trouble using Spotify on the desktop, I can use it normally ...
  • mAbdelkafy
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Heart icon is not changing after adding/removing song to liked ones

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicehp laptopOperating SystemWindows 10,app version 1.1.25.559.g85cf5e4c Step to reproduce:1. Go to one of playlist2. Play one of song3. Click heart icon in bottom left corner -> song is added to liked ones4. Click one more ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device hp laptop Operating System Windows 10, app version 1.1.25.559.g85cf5e4c   Step to reproduce: 1. Go to one of playlist 2. Play one of song 3. Click...
  • krecikos87
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fichier musique téléchargée corrompu impossible à lire

PlanPremiumCountryFranceOperating System(Windows 7) My Question or IssueBonjour,Je me suis abonnée pour télécharger des musiques.Malheureusement les fichiers téléchargés sont corrompus.Impossible de les lire !Une seule musique téléchargée → une dizai...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France Operating System (Windows 7)   My Question or Issue Bonjour, Je me suis abonnée pour télécharger des musiques. Malheureusement les fichiers téléchargés sont...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random Malware in Spotify App

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Since the past week I randomly had this (what I assume is) malware popup in my desktop app. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads screws up my multiple screen settings

PlanFree/PremiumCountryDenmarkDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI use the desktop app a lot at work, where I have 3 computer screens (monitors). I have arranged the windows the way I want on all 3 screens. But whenever an ads sho...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Denmark Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I use the desktop app a lot at work, where I have 3 computer screens (monitors). I have a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop app playlist numbers don't match with iOS app

Plan - PremiumCountry - RO DeviceWindows 10 Laptop; iPhone XOperating SystemWindows 10; iOS 13.3.1 On the iPhone app it seems that my playlists are up to date with songs that I've added. On desktop it seems to be stuck on a number from a week ago.I'v...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Country - RO   Device Windows 10 Laptop; iPhone X Operating System Windows 10; iOS 13.3.1   On the iPhone app it seems that my playlists are up to date with songs t...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    playlist number
    Windows 10
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes