Spotify Connect stopped working on streaming device

Re: Spotify Connect stopped working on streaming device

user-removed
Not applicable

All of us switching accounts is NOT a solution.. Obviously there's a bigger issue here they need to acknowledge it. 

user-removed
Not applicable

Until this is fixed I suggest everyone with this issue please report it at 

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Describe the issue, and from a different browser tab copy the link of this community thread into the chat.

I just did that but still lost the chat window, so not sure if my issue was logged as a bug as I initially suggested to them. They will probably also ask for the version so be prepared to copy that into the chat as well.

b0Ni12
Regular

try spotify 1.0.73.345, its fixed issue for me.

user-removed
Not applicable

I agree, switching accounts is NOT a solution.. but it will fix it for now and hopefully give them info on where the issue might come from.

To update you all.
I did contact them and got a replay fast but they wanted to know more, (lets try the basic stuff first) after a view mails and some stuff trie, they asked me to try there test account.
And everything was fine on the one!

So now they are going to switch my account.

thedude
Gig Goer

Spotify 1.0.73.345 worked for me. However, the desktop software is now suggesting that an update is available.

user-removed
Not applicable

EVERYONE:

Spotify is not fixing this. I spent an hour speaking to them and was forced to make a new account. Really not happy, and Spotify are being silent on this.

If yours is broken you will be forced to make a new account, there's no way around it. But of course they won't tell us that here. I was told all users with this issue will have to go through this process.

user-removed
Not applicable

What does "make a new account" mean exactly, especially if we login through FB? Do we lose our playlists?

user-removed
Not applicable

You have to make a new account and they transfer your playlists but you lose your play history, your premium has to be transfered over and if your premium is through a phone contract.. well good luck with that. Took me 2 hours to sort :(

No clue what happens with facebook login, probably more complicated? I had to have my old account deleted completely. 

It's ridiculous they aren't even saying a word on this.

bluphobia
Regular

Went downstairs to check my personal PC (I am working from home on my work notebook) and noticed that it was working with version (Spotify_v1.0.86.337). I tried 1.0.73 and all latest versions with no success.

I have uninstalled the versions I was testing on my work machine and restarted, and then did the install for Spotify_v1.0.86.337 and then restarted again. Other versions of old Spotify versions i downloaded had file names like "SpotifyFullSetup" or "SpotifySetup", and these did not work. The Spotify_v1.0.86.337 filenamed version seems to be having better success.

At this stage, it seems as though it is "working" unlike earlier this morning. I have been closing the app off and restarting, going back to "This Computer" and then toggling back to "Spotify Connect" and it's still connecting to these devices straight away.

Just a thought that might be worth looking at.

Windows 10, Spotify Premium (Family Member), Melbourne Australia.

itswinterr
Regular

Yikes, not even going to bother, given that. The strangest part is that it works occasionally, before breaking again. This issue was nonexistent before the most recent update, so if they can break it, why can't they fix it? Unfortunately, I'll be using the inferior browser version until this is fixed; if it's not, I guess it'll be time to say goodbye after almost 7 years...

SUGGESTED POSTS