Premium

Country

UK

Device

HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The Spotify desktop software no longer plays through my streaming device via Connect. The device appears briefly as a Connect option. The software is trying to connect to the streaming device which is indicated by the application flickering at the bottom of the screen.

I am able to use Spotify Connect via a Windows 7 PC, Android phone and via the webplayer.

I have re-set the router on my network and this made no difference. 

Anyone else experiencing similiar problems?

46 Replies

Re: Spotify Connect stopped working on streaming device

thedude
Gig Goer

Unstalled the desktop software. Reinstalled the software. All good. Problem solved. For now.

Bas02
Casual Listener

I have the same problem. However, reinstalling the software has not solved it. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

thedude
Gig Goer

I would make sure that the software has been completely removed, including from the registry. I used Revo Unstaller freeware to remove the desktop application.

I hope this works for you.

Bas02
Casual Listener

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Good to see that this was exactly what I did yesterday after I posted my call for help. But: no success.

Do you (or anyone else?) have the Spotify registry locations so that I can remove the registries manually?

thedude
Gig Goer

New day. The problem has returned exactly as before. A clean installation was not the solution.

Any thoughts.

thedude
Gig Goer

Clean install. Tidied the registry with CCleaner. Restarted laptop. Same problem again. Desktop software not able to use Spotify Connect.

atazoth
Music Fan

I am having exactly the same problem, reinstalling only fix the problem for the first time start up, and then the problem reappear

user-removed
Not applicable

Exact same issue here too as I reported in another thread.

Win10 client had been working fine for many years, but as of the last few days the Spotify Connect shows devices but selecting any of them does nothing.

Clean reinstall of latest version fixed it for the first time use, but after a while (ie, overnight) the issue comes back so must reinstall AGAIN.

Spotify Connect works fine using Web Player and iOS.

thedude
Gig Goer

I uninstalled using Windows 10. Used CCleaner to 'tidy up' the laptop. Reinstalled the Spotify desktop application. It worked fine. Spotify Connect worked OK. Restarted the laptop. The software stopped working again.

Web player, Windows 7 and Andoid apps work fine.

SUGGESTED POSTS