Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop app is not in sync with open.spotify.com

Spotify Desktop app is not in sync with open.spotify.com

Plan

Free

Operating System

Windows 10

Yesterday i updated the spotify desktop app and it works normally except for the fact that it doesn't sync with the web player, when i play a song in the desktop app and go to the web player it's not playing it there nor showing showing "Listening in Desktop App" and vice versa (the same thing happens when i play something in the web player and go to the desktop app)

I have uninstalled the desktop app and logged off the web player multiple times and it doesn't seem to be fixed what can i do?

6 Replies

Have been having these problems also the past 24 hours.

I'm also having problems with the desktop app not syncing today. Never had any problems like this before.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts in the Community. Let's take a closer look into this together.

Can you confirmed if you followed the steps provided under Clean reinstall? This is different from a quick reinstall as this will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also recommend that you clear your cache and cookies in the web browser.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy! 

Thanks for your response.
Personally myself, I have completed all of these and am having ongoing issues with my Desktop App.
It no longer can connect to my phone, or my google home device additionally, it's its own entire seperate spotify entity now it seems. I am unable to join remote sessions with friends also, and these only work on all platforms other than desktop - leading me to believe its the desktop version having issues.

Many thanks.

I'm having a similar issue. Seems to be the latest version of the Desktop App? It doesn't recognise other devices or scrobble to Last.fm. My laptop is running on 1.193.898 and connects with other devices and scrobbles with Last.fm. My PC Desktop app is running the latest version 1.1.94.870 and like you said, it is its own separate entity. 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

We can confirm that our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to add your vote by clicking on the Thumbs up icon to the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already.  Make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts