Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Playlist Radio more broken than ever

Spotify Playlist Radio more broken than ever

I'm experiencing problems with the Spotify Playlist Radio. I've felt like the Playlist Radio has been suggesting crappy songs for more than 6 months now. I managed to record the problem in the image below.

spotifyabsolutegarbage.gif

Even more bugs appear. Why suggest the same exact songs in a row?

spotifycrapagain.jpg

"Spellisteradio" (Swe) = "Playlist Radio".

Have been in contact with support and of course they just reply with the old standard "We are testing stuff and you and your friends might not see the same things". We all know this **bleep** and the W10 Client is just badly maintained.

For anyone that wants to know this has been successfully replicated on different networks and computers/devices.

So; is it just me or does the W10 Desktop Client really suck? Can we bump this to the devteam and make them actually fix**bleep** we are paying for?

6 Replies

Hey there @herpladerp!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We'd like to investigate this a bit further so that we'd be able to forward this to the right team if needed.

Have you noticed this happening only on your computer? If you do, it's possible that it's caused by an issue with your device's cache.

We'd recommend following the steps here to sort that. Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

We'll also need to make sure that you've downloaded the app from the Microsoft store instead of our website.

We'll be on the lookout for your update and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I've tried to reply to this thread several times but your forum is throwing errors left and right. Sounds like a theme now. See attached image.

I've tried posting a reply through multiple computers, different browsers and different networks. Same **bleep** everytime.

To reply to your suggestion, this is something I obviously have done. Your uninstallers, for the record, autoclear everything under appdata. There were no folders there after the uninstall.

I hadn't tried to install it via the Windows Store (as if that's better), so I did this but ofcourse it didnt change anything.

What gives?

spotifyerror.jpg

Hi there @herpladerp!

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're sorry to hear that you're struggling with posting your replies. Have you tried using an incognito window or a different browser, to see if that makes a difference?

On another note, could you let us know if the songs that you've already disliked and keep showing up are still playable? Additionally, we'd like to know if the song which appears in triplicate is one of the songs you disliked before.

Also, would you mind trying it from another device such as your phone or using our web player to check if the issue persists?

Cheers - We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

"On another note, could you let us know if the songs that you've already disliked and keep showing up are still playable?"

They are still playable, yes.

"Also, would you mind trying it from another device such as your phone or using our web player to check if the issue persists?"

This is only in regards to the Windows 10 Desktop Client. I've spent hours troubleshooting this stuff that you guys really should be doing. So I'm not going to do that, at least not for free anymore.

I contacted your support team via chat and receieved a testaccount to see if it was just my account, and it wasn't. We concluded that the desktop client simply doesn't work properly.

I have since a while ago stopped using the Spotify Playlist radio, which I used daily, because it does not work the way it's indended.

Your support team promised some feedback but have yet to receieve anything from them.

Still no response from support. No response on these forums either.

Feature is still broken.

Hey there @herpladerp,

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across your reply.

We understand that the Playlist Radio is not functioning as expected and we have tackled the issue on multiple fronts. We're actually working on an overhaul of the desktop client as we speak, precisely in order to optimize, modernize it and improve functionality.

That being said, the new version will actually not have dynamic Playlist Radios initially. Instead, Autoplay functionality should be improved and you can turn it on for any static Radio, including those from playlists. So even though you'd lose this specific feature in future updates, we hope that actually the new feature will work out better for you in the end, and it will offer better recommendations.

We'll also be spending more time on continuously improving the new desktop client, including adding new features based on yours and other users feedback.

Hope this information was useful, even if we aren't able to provide a direct solution at this time.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts