Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Recently Played Artists not updating?

Spotify Recently Played Artists not updating?

After updating my Spotify Desktop player, my Recently Played Artist list has not updated in a week or so. Spotify on my Android phone seems to be similarly affected as well. As my Recently Played Artists usually updates quite swiftly, this lag is worrying me a little - especially since I've been listening to a number of different artists for quite long periods of time. Can anybody provide a solution to this? Thank you!

354 Replies

I am having the same problem, just suddenly stopped updating on my laptop and android. Did you find a solution??

Same issue here OP. Although for me, it has been more then 2 weeks since my "recently played artists"  have updated. Same goes for the Android version as well.

It seems like everytime the devs solve one problem, another one (or two) pop up.

People need to click the "me too" button on the OPs post to get this escalated. At least I hope it will get escalated.

Sorry, silly question, Im new to this...where is the me too button? Ta

It's a clickable button that says "me too" on the bottom of the first post. in this case, it will say something like "one person had this problem" right next to the button, because I already clicked on it.

My recently played artists had not updated for over a week. Then yesterday, my recently played artists did finally update, but no one elses lists would. Now, this morning my recently played list went back to the same list it was stuck on for over a week. It may not be the end of the world, but it's a significant glitch in functionality to have for a week and a half.

Same here...mine and friends lists dont update since over 3 weeks now . Kinda annoying .Smiley Sad

3 weeks now...still no recently played artist update, this is beginning to
bug the bjeezus out of me.

Hey, it's OP (under a new account).

I've been suffering the same problem again. Nothing has been updating for two weeks plus. My friends' profiles have similarly been affected. The last time I had this problem, I didn't do anything really special to fix it - I posted in this forum and after a few days everything went back to normal without mine fiddling with any programs or uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify. I hope the devs can find a way to fix this problem again, thank you!

Just thought I'd jump into this thread as another person with the same problem. What's annoying about my issue is (and I've seen other have the same problem), not only does my Recently Played Artists not update (hasn't for nearly a month now), when I click on it, it toggles between two [old] variations of my Recently Played Artists. So it's not updating and stuck between two different lists (which only changes like 1 or 2 artists). I use my Recently Played Artists very frequently to go back and easily select music I'd like to hear rather than searching or trying to remember what I was listening to the day before, so this is VERY frustrating for me.

Additionally I've noticed that I've followed 2 new playlists since this problem arose and they are not being added to my Profile page (I can at least see them in my left side bar), and also none of my friends profiles are updating but I'm just assuming that's just because my account isn't updating, they can probably see the change on their devices... I would hope.

I am having this exact same problem and it's quite annoying. It's been almost a month now.

This topic was started two months ago and over 14 people have this problem. Will someone from Spotify kindly help their customers?

@Naens wrote:
This topic was started two months ago and over 14 people have this problem. Will someone from Spotify kindly help their customers?

its been about a month for me. What's even more frustrating (to me) then the actual issue is the fact that this is an obvious problem that is affecting many people. Yet as far as I know, Spotify has yet to officially acknowledge this issue.

Same problem here for the last month. Step up Spotify! These are not the days for not trying to be the best streaming service out there.. At least come in and give us some feedback.

My Recently Played Artists has not been updating for over two weeks. Also, the Support function on Spotify is not intiuitive. I tried reaching out to Support directly but had no luck on contact information. The Contact Form only works for specific issues, which doesn't help if your issue is not listed. Can someone from Spotify please fix this issue?

2-3 weeks with this same problem. I don't know if it's because I didn't install the new update.
Really annoying.

I tried to do the same thing, having 3 catagories to try specify the problem doesn't help as much as just talking to a Spotify employee. I ended up picking 3 random ones and in my message saying "this has nothing to do with what I chose, but..." haha.

No, I update it whenever possible (in hopes the fix to this issue will be in one of these updates). I think there have been 2-3 updates since my artists stopped updating but none of them have fixed the problem.

I continue to have this problem over and over again. It will update itself for a couple weeks and I will think that it's been fixed/solved and then immediately go right back to not working again. Please at least acknowledge the problem, Spotify! Last time I made a post, it was fixed recently after. Probably no correlation, but worth a shot. 

Suggested posts