Premium

Country

Egypt

Device

Desktop PC - i7 8700K - RTX 2080 - 16 GB ram

Operating System

Windows 10 20H2

My Question or Issue

The UI very slow when responding to the user input for example hitting play will take couple of seconds for the music to play and play icon change and sometimes the music starts playing before the icon update.

Same thing for volume control in the player, If I lowered the volume it takes couple of seconds for the song volume to be lower.

Here what I did:

- Uninstall Win32app and reinstalled, same issue.
- Install Win10 App from Microsoft store, same issue.
- Disable hardware acceleration, same issue still.

Also:

- Using the player through the browser or Android is very smooth experience.

- Control the UI through the android app while listing on desktop is far smoother experience, I mean when I hit pause on the phone it instantly pause on my PC but I clicked on resume on my pc it will take 5 seconds to play.
- The App is installed on NVMe (970 EVO Plus).

- The App was smooth it only became slow last week and I didn't do any changes to my PC

- My Graphic driver is in the latest version and my internet is stable and the browser player is responsive so I'm sure is the windows client version that have the issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got it fixed, it wasn't spotify fault at all.

I have Ad guard premium installed on my PC, it seems "Use WPF driver" for traffic filtering option wasn't enabled when I checked the option the PC rebooted and Spotify works without any issues.

I don't know why Adguard unchecked the option by itself or why it was affecting spotify (I guess Spotify is Chromium disguised as an app).

Anyway thanks a lot for the help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @SuperMedo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

On another note, could you also share the approximate number of playlists and liked songs in your library? Does the same behavior occur with the app manually set to offline mode? How about when you change the music quality?

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mihail

So I followed the exact same steps in the guide and made sure there absolutely no spotify leftovers but sadly it didn't fix the problem.

I have 19 playlist and 168 liked songs.

the issue still persist in offline mode and I switched song quality to low and still the problem persist.

Hey @SuperMedo,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you try logging in on another desktop device and see if you experience the same thing there? It would help us a lot if you could create a free account with another email and see how the app works there. You can do this here. That way we can narrow down the root cause to either the device or account. 

We'd also appreciate it if you could upload a recording of how the UI behaves at your end. That way we can have a closer look. You can use the Insert Video option in the Post Editor to do this.

Keep us posted. We'd love to investigate this further. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

I got it fixed, it wasn't spotify fault at all.

I have Ad guard premium installed on my PC, it seems "Use WPF driver" for traffic filtering option wasn't enabled when I checked the option the PC rebooted and Spotify works without any issues.

I don't know why Adguard unchecked the option by itself or why it was affecting spotify (I guess Spotify is Chromium disguised as an app).

Anyway thanks a lot for the help.

Hi @SuperMedo

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We're glad to hear that you managed to fix this issue. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts