Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Sort By Date - Stopped working for personal playlists

My Issue: Sort By Date - Sort by Date stopped working for personal playlistsThe calendar icon is no longer 'clickable' resulting in the up/down arrow for sorting. Sort by Title/Artist/Album still work.... ... but not sort by DATE. Any thoughts? (Fami...

• Casual Listener
  • My Issue: Sort By Date - Sort by Date stopped working for personal playlists The calendar icon is no longer 'clickable' resulting in the up/down arrow for sorting.  Sort by Title/Artist/Al...
  • jspot370
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unusually long loading time

When viewing the "About" tab on an Artist's page, if you press the "Go Back" button twice, the presses the "Go forward" button to return to the previous screen, you will be presented with a blank screen and will take an usually large amount of time t...

• Visitor
  • When viewing the "About" tab on an Artist's page, if you press the "Go Back" button twice, the presses the "Go forward" button to return to the previous screen, you will be presented with a blank scr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Partial Discography Vanishes OH MY GIRL

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceWindows 10 / DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe catalogue for OH MY GIRL seems to have partially vanished; I understand there may be rights issues, but this strikes me as a technical/human error, ...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Windows 10 / Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The catalogue for OH MY GIRL seems to have partially vanished; I understan...
  • momonomo
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes

Spotify Freezing Windows 10

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySouth AfricaDevice(Lenovo Laptop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueThe Spotify app freezes 95% of the time you open it, theres no way around it except by using the Webplayer The Windows App is pathetic My PC has ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country South Africa Device (Lenovo Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue The Spotify app freezes 95% of the time you open it, theres no way ar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete

Please delete - I've resolved my issue.

• Visitor
  • Please delete - I've resolved my issue.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app crashes after pressing "play"

Hi! I saw a thread discussing the issue I am having, but it is locked. However, the issue still persists for me. PlanFreeCountryWest-Europe (rather not specify)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEvery time I open the Spotify desktop app, ...

• Visitor
  • Hi! I saw a thread discussing the issue I am having, but it is locked. However, the issue still persists for me.   Plan Free Country West-Europe (rather not specify) Operating System Wind...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 7 Blue Screen When Song Ends

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium My Question or IssueSpotify causes my computer to crash with a BSOD at the end of a song. This problem is intermittent, but when it occurs, it will continue to occur. As far ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium   My Question or Issue Spotify causes my computer to crash with a BSOD at the end of a song. This pro...
  • prb1222
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Podcasts] Hide "featured podcasts" and "you might also like"

1. I want to be able to hide "Featured Podcasts" at the bottom of the Podcasts page since I'm really not interested in them. 2. I want the mobile app to NOT show "you might also like" for every single episode. I know what I like and don't really need...

• Casual Listener
  • 1. I want to be able to hide "Featured Podcasts" at the bottom of the Podcasts page since I'm really not interested in them.   2. I want the mobile app to NOT show "you might also like" for ev...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

[German/Deutsch] Problem mit lokalen Dateien

Moin, ich habe mir gestern ein paar lokale Dateien hinzugefügt und wie die Anleitung auch in eine Playlist gefügt und heruntergeladen. Das selbe habe ich auf meinem iPhone gemacht, aber erst wurde überhaupt nicht runtergeladen und dann auf einmal nur...

• Visitor
  • Moin,   ich habe mir gestern ein paar lokale Dateien hinzugefügt und wie die Anleitung auch in eine Playlist gefügt und heruntergeladen. Das selbe habe ich auf meinem iPhone gemacht, aber erst...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • deutsch
    deutschland
    download issues
    eigene musik
    german
    lokale Datei
    playlist download
    smartphone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Mark all as played

I'd like to send a feature request: Enable "mark all as played" for podcasts, which has been mentioned in the comments of the following post. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Podcast-Mark-Podcasts-as-Played/idi-p/1757080 https://com...

• Casual Listener
  • I'd like to send a feature request:   Enable "mark all as played" for podcasts, which has been mentioned in the comments of the following post.   https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implem...
  • musicit
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 20 likes

Browser is way faster than the app! How can this be possible...?!

My Question or IssueBrowser takes about 2-4 seconds to load all my saved songs and playlist while the app (which is supposed to be faster) takes about 3-4 minutes to just load the menu screen! Songs and playlists more 9-10 minutes to load. This happe...

• My Question or Issue Browser takes about 2-4 seconds to load all my saved songs and playlist while the app (which is supposed to be faster) takes about 3-4 minutes to just load the menu screen! Song...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs keep pausing at random intervals

PlanFamily Plan PremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLG G7 Thinq, ASUS Laptop, Windows 10 DesktopOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10, Windows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps pausing at random intervals on any device I use. I found a temporary s...

• Plan Family Plan Premium Country United States Device LG G7 Thinq, ASUS Laptop, Windows 10 Desktop Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify play the song only 6 second

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyOperating SystemWindows 10 Hey i have a littel problem.When I try to play a song, he plays this song only 6 seconds or even sometimes ganicht and says only: "This song is currently not available" I've already tried to reinsta...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Operating System Windows 10   Hey i have a littel problem. When I try to play a song, he plays this song only 6 seconds or even sometimes ganicht and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Failed to export some materials

PlanPremiumCountryPoland DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Windows 10 spotify appHello, recently everytime i open spotify im getting notification that"failed to export some data"no idea how to fix (unistaling=nothing happens) an...

spotify.PNG
  • Plan Premium Country Poland   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Windows 10 spotify app Hello, recently everytime i open spotify im getting notif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tried literally everything - "Spotify can't play this right now."

PlanFreeCountryUSADevicePC - not using Windows Store versionOperating SystemWindows 10 version 1809 My Question or IssueSpotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. That's all I see whenever I try to pla...

• Plan Free Country USA Device PC - not using Windows Store version Operating System Windows 10 version 1809   My Question or Issue Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the fil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic Syncing Between Devices, Even When Devices Are Off

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePC / iPhone XOperating SystemWindows 10 / iOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueFor the past few days now I have been having a very annoying issue with Spotify, but it's sort of difficult to explain. Basically, I only use Spotify o...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC / iPhone X Operating System Windows 10 / iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue For the past few days now I have been having a very annoying issue with Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify jumps back to another playlist

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I pause the currently playing song, the Spotify app jumps back to a playlist that I had listened to some hours ago. And when I click on "play" again, the son...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I pause the currently playing song, the Spotify app jumps back to a playlist that...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Open.spotify links do not open in desktop APP.

Every time I get sent an open spotify link it open the web browser and not the desktop app. the option to allow links to open the app is not there anymore. now I have to have the web browser open, set that to play on my desktop app, so it will play v...

• Visitor
  • Every time I get sent an open spotify link it open the web browser and not the desktop app.   the option to allow links to open the app is not there anymore.   now I have to have the we...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

[Windows] Fullscreen issue

PlanPremium CountryGermany DeviceCustom Build PC Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro Spotify Purchase via Microsoft Store My Question or IssueIn the reduced representation everything is normal.But when changing to enlarged view, the covers are displayed i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country Germany   Device Custom Build PC   Operating System Windows 10 Pro   Spotify Purchase via Microsoft Store     My Question or Issue ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes