Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop App Keeps Refreshing Randomly to Main Menu

Desktop App Keeps Refreshing Randomly to Main Menu

Operating System

Windows 7 and XP

My Question or Issue

While using the desktop app player, what ever I am doing, like navigating into my playlists, searching music or whatnot, the app refreshes or reloads into the main menu. Its kind of annoying specially when you are searching into a long list of songs or playlists. Is this a common problem?

6 Replies

I'm having the same or similar problem on my XP pc ... When I navigate to an album and play after maybe 15 to 30 seconds Spotify refreshes back tothe "Browse" window, very very annoying ... any search for a solution has turned up nothing..

Hey there @Warura and @HGGuy,

Thank you for your posts in this thread. We're happy to help you.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Can you also try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

@HGGuy - it would also be great if you'd let us know which PC you have.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm using an HP desktop PC running XP (I know it's a dinosaur, but it's my dinosaur)

My Spotify version is 1.0.20.101.ge6957e14 

Hey @HGGuy,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're afraid that Spotify is supported on Windows 7 and above, so the app isn't running the latest version on your PC and we can't guarantee an optimal performance. You can find more info on system requirements here.

We hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Carlos,

Thanks for the reply and clarification! I know my PC is long in the tooth but it is what it is ... 😁

Good to know the reason why Spotify isn't responding to wishes!

Could I run a Legacy/Older version?

Thanks,

Randy Mohr

Hi there @HGGuy,

Thanks for the reply.

Older versions are not supported and we can't guarantee that all of the app's features would work as intended.

You can probably find an older version of the app around the internet, however there is no certainty that it would work at all and that it will be safe to use.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts