Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can’t open spotify app on windows 10

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can’t open spotify app, i tried uninstall and reinstall but it still doesn’t work . Sorry for my bad english.

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can’t open spotify app, i tried uninstall and reinstall but it still doesn’t work . Sorry for my bad english.
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem - spotify "shuts down" on sound system but not on laptop.

I need help with the following situation: I attach my laptop (playing spotify) to my sound system.The sound comes out beautifully.THEN, after about 10 minutes, the sound system no longer plays spotify.Spotify continues to play on the laptop, but oh s...

• Casual Listener
  • I need help with the following situation:  I attach my laptop (playing spotify) to my sound system. The sound comes out beautifully. THEN, after about 10 minutes, the sound system no longer p...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback skipping

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSurface Pro 3Operating SystemWin 10 Pro My Question or IssuePlayback skips anytime the processor does anything slightly more intense than typing, e.g. opening a program or browser, clicking a link, opening a file, etc. Is t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Surface Pro 3 Operating System Win 10 Pro   My Question or Issue Playback skips anytime the processor does anything slightly more intense than typing, e...
  • piercewi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Issues with microsoft edge

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am having issues with spotify edge.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I am ha...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pause/Resume not working

Im having a problem using the multimedia keys with spotify. The pause/resume button isnt working but I can skip songs by using multimedia keys on either my keyboard or my mouse. I already tried to fix the chrome issue others were experiencing but it ...

• Visitor
  • Im having a problem using the multimedia keys with spotify. The pause/resume button isnt working but I can skip songs by using multimedia keys on either my keyboard or my mouse. I already tried to fi...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Error

PlanFreeCountryU.S.DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueCertain Songs in the playlist I want to listen to says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I tried googling for an expl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country U.S. Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Certain Songs in the playlist I want to listen to says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the f...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist image gets rotated

whenever i try to upload one of my own images as a playlist cover, the picture gets rotated 90 degrees. i've tried manually rotating the picture so it would correct itself but it doesn't work. ive also tried reinstalling spotify but that didn't help ...

• Casual Listener
  • whenever i try to upload one of my own images as a playlist cover, the picture gets rotated 90 degrees. i've tried manually rotating the picture so it would correct itself but it doesn't work. ive al...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to play liked songs that aren't in my playlist

I listen to alot of music and create my own playlists. When I hear a new song that I like, I add it to "my liked songs" hopefully to also add it in the future to one of my playlists. By now I have a lot of playlist and alot of liked songs. Some of li...

• Casual Listener
  • I listen to alot of music and create my own playlists. When I hear a new song that I like, I add it to "my liked songs" hopefully to also add it in the future to one of my playlists. By now I have a ...
  • fbk3tm
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not responding

I have problem with Spotify.It did not respond.Task manager solution? It don't work.Reinstallation? It don't work.So please.Help me.Thanks.

• Regular
  • I have problem with Spotify. It did not respond. Task manager solution? It don't work. Reinstallation? It don't work. So please. Help me. Thanks.
  • ListeningDuck
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why can't I change my playlist cover when I have the desktop app? I can change everything else?

I used to be able to change it on the web player which was great because I have a chromebook and they didn't have a compatible app for my system until recently. Now, I don't even have the option to change it, either on the web player or the new deskt...

• I used to be able to change it on the web player which was great because I have a chromebook and they didn't have a compatible app for my system until recently. Now, I don't even have the option to c...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Bug] Clicking on album left lower corner does not sets view on correct position

My Question or IssueWhen clicking on the left lower side on the song you are currently playing, the view of the playlist does not go to the correct position:As you can see, the song currently playing is "Das Grosse Flimmern" by "Extrawelt". However I...

Screenshot_1.png
  • Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue When clicking on the left lower side on the song you are currently playing, the view of the playlist does not go to the correct position: As you can see, the song current...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iTunes import missing?

Running Spotify 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 - could have sworn before there was a) a file menu, and b) an option to import iTunes playlists through the file menu.Now I can't find the itunes import option.

• Casual Listener
  • Running Spotify 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 - could have sworn before there was a) a file menu, and b) an option to import iTunes playlists through the file menu. Now I can't find the itunes import op...
  • tomyardley-au
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs are playing but I can't hear anything

I've tried unplugging and plugging in my headset, I've tried changing my output device, I've tried uninstalling and installing, I've checked the volume on spotify and in the volume mixer and I've tried listening to songs on the browser version but no...

• Visitor
  • I've tried unplugging and plugging in my headset, I've tried changing my output device, I've tried uninstalling and installing, I've checked the volume on spotify and in the volume mixer and I've tri...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unavailable songs in playlists - Offline still possible?

Hello,I noticed, that there are a few songs in my library, which I can't hear anymore, because they have a new status "unavailable songs in playlists".What would happen, if i download the songs before? Could I still listen to these songs in OFFLINE M...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I noticed, that there are a few songs in my library, which I can't hear anymore, because they have a new status "unavailable songs in playlists". What would happen, if i download the songs ...
  • Andreas2019
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download
    unavailable songs in playlists
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify believes there is no internet connection

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify believes that there is no internet connection and says "Offline", the only way to resolve this issue,I found, is to restart my PC. But this happens so frequentl...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify believes that there is no internet connection and says "Offline", the only way to re...
  • himmelswanderer
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

APP Desktop Windows not works anymore

From begin 2020 the Windows Desktop APP pf Spotify don't works anymore. I try to uninstall and install again but without solutions. The app don't open... Plan PremiumCountry Italy Device PCOperating System Windows 10

• Visitor
  • From begin 2020 the Windows Desktop APP pf Spotify don't works anymore. I try to uninstall and install again but without solutions. The app don't open...   Plan Premium Country Italy &nbsp...
  • interrupt21h
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App
    Desktop
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't play on desktop or web player

PlanFreeCountryuk Operating Systemwindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't get any songs to play on my personal computer except ones which I already have downloaded. I have reinstalled multiple times, cleared cache etc, disabled hardware accelleration ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country uk   Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't get any songs to play on my personal computer except ones which I already have downloaded. I have ...
  • trace_hunter
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Particular playlist radio station cannot be started

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 Heyo.So for some reason, the radio station for a particular playlist cannot be started. It's been working previously, and it works on all my other playlists except this one. Which just so happens to be the only o...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   Heyo. So for some reason, the radio station for a particular playlist cannot be started. It's been working previously, and it works on all my oth...
  • JB447
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Keyboard hotkey 'jump to letter' broken (Desktop)

Hi, I have had this problem for a couple of months now, I found an older topic that described the same issue but it seems to be dead. There are 2 playlist functions that seem to have broken/disappeared in an update late 2019. 1.) Previously if I doub...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I have had this problem for a couple of months now, I found an older topic that described the same issue but it seems to be dead.   There are 2 playlist functions that seem to hav...
  • mwg9
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • alpha key
    broken
    HotKey
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Daily Mixes does not have dislike button

PlanPremiumCountryLVDevice(Samsung Galaxy S10e, Lenovo Legion Y-720, HP Elitebook G5)Operating System(Android 10, Windows 10) My Question or IssueFirst on desktop dislike button disappears for daily mixes, now laso for android disappears. "Release Ra...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country LV Device (Samsung Galaxy S10e, Lenovo Legion Y-720, HP Elitebook G5) Operating System (Android 10, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue First on desktop dislik...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes