Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Web Player not working

Spotify Web Player not working

Plan

Free

Country

Earth

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My laptop shut off automatically and Spotify won’t play when I’m on web player. This happens when it automatically turns off. I can’t play anything when it has the green “You’re listening to web player (Chrome)” because of what happened, despite the progress bar moving. But when I press the devices button and switch to “Listening on this web browser” it plays. WHY DOES ANYTHING NOT PLAY ON WEB PLAYER YET THE PROGRESS BAR MOVED?? Fix your damn website! Next time my laptop shuts off when I have Spotify it won’t work at all. 

And now because I’m trying to figure this out, when I’m listening on Chrome (I only use Chrome for Spotify) the green “You’re listening on Web Player (Chrome)” bar disappears. How can I get that back? I’m still listening on Chrome and I don’t get the green bar.

1 Reply

Hey @Arsenal49,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Sometimes your browser's cache and cookies can cause issues resulting in the error message you see. Make sure you try again in a private/incognito window to avoid this possibility when trying to subscribe.   

You can also try another device, if that's an available option for you. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

If that doesn't fix things, we'd appreciate a screenshot or recording of the issue and we'll happily take a closer look.

Keep us posted.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts