Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Window not resizing correctly

Spotify Window not resizing correctly

After the Windows April Update, the Spotify window does not size correctly.

When clicking the maximize button in the top right, it resizes Spotify incorrectly in multiple different ways

Also when snapping the window it doesn't fully cover the screen.

Not sure if this is because of the new windows update or not.

Spotify window maximized.PNG
6 Replies

Update: I've clean reinstalled Spotify as well as clean reinstalled GPU driver, for another reason, and this problem still occurs.

Probably related to the fact Spotify switched to Chromium to develop the app in, rather than maintain the old native windows implementation.

I've been having issues with minimizing and closing the window. I like to use AutoHotKey to automate a lot of things on my computer, and managing Spotify is a big part of that. Since the switch to Chromium it's all botched.

I understand the reason they did it (save money... and if you want to be charitable, it probably lets them roll out features sooner), but it's getting very annoying. I'd go back to Spotify 1.0.70.388, if it wasn't for them sabotaging any attempt to not auto-update.

It's making me look with interest at the release of Youtube Music. I'm already a Red subscriber, so if YT has anywhere near the library of Spotify, and preferably a way to import playlists, I'll give it serious consideration.

Hey @FillyCheezStake

Try disabling hardware acceleration:

Go to Spotify, click the three dots upper-left, go to View and click on Hardware Acceleration (uncheck).

This triggers the program to restart.

Let me know if this did anything 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Issue still remains despite hardware acceleration turned off

Same here. Very annoying. I hope they fix it soon.

Still not fixed.

Suggested posts