Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify automatically opens on start or restart

Solved!

Spotify automatically opens on start or restart

When I first downloaded Spotify there was an icon on my taskbar & I could open it when I wanted. Recently it started automatically opening on a start or restart. Under advanced setting I have selected NO where is asks me if I want it to do that. The Geek Squad has just removed Spotify from everywhere on my computer and then downloaded it anew. Again, NO is selected under the advanced settings. It still automatically opens. I don't want it to do that. I have Windows 7 and a premium account. Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm not even going to try to figure out what is going on with my computer.  Because it was so annoying to have Spotify automatically open on start up, I just put my computer to sleep instead.  After a week my computer strongly suggested I restart my computer.  I did and, for whatever reason, Spotify did not automatically open.  I shut down my computer.  When I turned it back on, Spotify did not automatically open.  I did another restart and, happily, the same thing happened.
Thank you for your response.  I'm saving your message in case this happens again. Carol

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @Carol22!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Let's try a deeper reinstallation to get this fixed. Just follow these steps:

• Log out of Spotify and then close the program.
  • Uninstall 
  • Browse to the cache and delete everything inside the folder. The default location should be:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage 

• Delete also the folder:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<random numbers-user>\

There is a folder for each profile that has been logged into Spotify on that computer account. 

• Restart your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Marked as solution

I'm not even going to try to figure out what is going on with my computer.  Because it was so annoying to have Spotify automatically open on start up, I just put my computer to sleep instead.  After a week my computer strongly suggested I restart my computer.  I did and, for whatever reason, Spotify did not automatically open.  I shut down my computer.  When I turned it back on, Spotify did not automatically open.  I did another restart and, happily, the same thing happened.
Thank you for your response.  I'm saving your message in case this happens again. Carol

Suggested posts