Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Wrong song duration

Hi!I start this topic because i have a very weird problem with one specific song: Rude from Magic! In website it shows a total duration of 3:44 but in my desktop app (1.0.44.100) it shows 28:57If i sort by duration, this song is listed between the 3:...

• Music Fan
  • Hi! I start this topic because i have a very weird problem with one specific song: Rude from Magic! In website it shows a total duration of 3:44 but in my desktop app (1.0.44.100)  it shows 28...
  • tanocapo
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashes on Start - Windows 10

Version 1.044.100.ga60c0ce1 on Windows 10 64 bit. Crashes right when program starts. Shows black screen for a few moments then crashes and disappears from Notification area. Task Manager shows that it is not running. Uninstalled and reinstalled vario...

• Casual Listener
  • Version 1.044.100.ga60c0ce1 on Windows 10 64 bit.   Crashes right when program starts.  Shows black screen for a few moments then crashes and disappears from Notification area.  Task...
  • vcvc
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File Replacing Spotify Stream

Hi, I have a live recording of an album in my local files and one of the songs replaced the regular Spotify song that's available for streaming. I tried deleting the live album in my local files and restarting Spotify but it's still playing the live ...

• Hi,   I have a live recording of an album in my local files and one of the songs replaced the regular Spotify song that's available for streaming. I tried deleting the live album in my lo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files sort by last added

I am unable to sort my local files by last added. Is this a glitch or was it purposely removed?

• I am unable to sort my local files by last added. Is this a glitch or was it purposely removed?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Video Series videos stop playing

I'm having trouble with some of the Spotify Video Series videos. Some of them stop abruptly 30 seconds before the end. I've tried watching them on my iPhone aswell, but there they won't play at all. Anybody else experiencing this problem and know why...

• I'm having trouble with some of the Spotify Video Series videos. Some of them stop abruptly 30 seconds before the end. I've tried watching them on my iPhone aswell, but there they won't play at all. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify restarting istself

The problem is when i start spotify it keeps running for about 15-20 seconds and then shuts down. After it shut itself down i restarts and it's the same thing all over again, 15-20 seconds open and shuts down by itself. This goes on in a endless loop...

• Casual Listener
  • The problem is when i start spotify it keeps running for about 15-20 seconds and then shuts down. After it shut itself down i restarts and it's the same thing all over again, 15-20 seconds open and s...
  • Xanxerox
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash on startup

After today' update, spotify crashes on startup (specifically right after login). Steps to reproduce1. open spotify Windows 7, 64-bit, premium account, already tried all the re-installation troubleshooting. Works fine on my android phone.

• Regular
  • After today' update, spotify crashes on startup (specifically right after login).   Steps to reproduce 1. open spotify     Windows 7, 64-bit, premium account, already tried all t...
  • sharp-spark
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify instantly crashes following update

Windows Programs and Features reports that I have v1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 installed.I am running Windows 10. Using the UK version of Spotify. My Win7 work devices upgraded fine.Cannot uninstall, I get the error message "The uninstaller failed to start....

• Roadie
  • Windows Programs and Features reports that I have v1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 installed. I am running Windows 10. Using the UK version of Spotify. My Win7 work devices upgraded fine. Cannot uninstall, I ...
  • sharp-spark
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont start on Windows 8

I updated to latest Spotify, and now it refuse to start after logging in. The window opens for a second and then closes without any messages. I have tried to reinstall it several times and tried to make sure that there are no traces of the previous i...

• Casual Listener
  • I updated to latest Spotify, and now it refuse to start after logging in. The window opens for a second and then closes without any messages. I have tried to reinstall it several times and tried to m...
  • sharp-spark
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crossfade simply cuts to next song instead of fading in and out

As above, noticed that spotify no longer xfades starting these few days. Crossfading now simply cuts the end of the current track and jumps to the start of the next song instead of fading in and out like it usually does. Restart does not help, any ti...

• Music Fan
  • As above, noticed that spotify no longer xfades starting these few days. Crossfading now simply cuts the end of the current track and jumps to the start of the next song instead of fading in and...
  • QuantumParadox
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Cover not working on my phone

Recently just added a song with a custom cover I added to it on my computer, and it displays fine on my computer, but when I play it on my phone it doesn't work. Anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

• Recently just added a song with a custom cover I added to it on my computer, and it displays fine on my computer, but when I play it on my phone it doesn't work. Anyone have any idea how to fix this ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop Client Black Screen

Hello my spotify after the latest update has been launching with a black screen in the place of the browse pages and other content which involves pictures. The client still is able to display text and the names of songs if I play them but everything ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello my spotify after the latest update has been launching with a black screen in the place of the browse pages and other content which involves pictures. The client still is able to display text an...
  • VAL79
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Embedded Playlist Not Displaying All Tracks

I've got a 341 track playlist that I want to embed on my website. I've managed that, but it looks like the playlist is only displaying 200 tracks and no more. I can't find any resources that explain what the problem is or how to address it. Any thoug...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got a 341 track playlist that I want to embed on my website. I've managed that, but it looks like the playlist is only displaying 200 tracks and no more. I can't find any resources that explain ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit Tag Disappears When Selecting Multiple Tracks

When using ctrl + click to select multiple playlist tracks in Spotify for Windows, I noticed that the explicit tag becomes incredibly difficult to see for all but the most recently highlighted tracks. It looks like the shades of gray for the track hi...

• Casual Listener
  • When using ctrl + click to select multiple playlist tracks in Spotify for Windows, I noticed that the explicit tag becomes incredibly difficult to see for all but the most recently highlighted tracks...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop app thinks I'm in another country

Whenever I try to login to my account on the desktop app, it says "Your country does not match the one set in your profile... Error code: 408". I checked both my spotify profile and laptop settings and all are set to Australia which is where I am. Ho...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to login to my account on the desktop app, it says "Your country does not match the one set in your profile... Error code: 408". I checked both my spotify profile and laptop settings a...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files either not working or not appearing

Hey guys, so lately I've been having problems with the local files that I was trying to play in Spotify. I have an extra folder for the music I want to import to Spotify and I did put it as a source in Spotify itself. Some songs I put into the folder...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, so lately I've been having problems with the local files that I was trying to play in Spotify. I have an extra folder for the music I want to import to Spotify and I did put it as a source ...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Available on Desktop but Not Phone

I wasn't sure where else to post this but I've noticed that some songs are available on my desktop but not on my phone even when I've saved them. I am a premium user and they are not local tracks. (Ex. The Fire by Former Vandal is listed as unavailab...

• I wasn't sure where else to post this but I've noticed that some songs are available on my desktop but not on my phone even when I've saved them. I am a premium user and they are not local tracks. (E...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "New version, restart" endless loop

I am using the Windows desktop client.For now 2 days, the desktop client shows a blue bar with the message "Hallo. Wir haben eine neue Version von Spotify für Dich. *Jetzt neu starten* und die neue Version nutzen." roughly translated: "Hi, we have a ...

• I am using the Windows desktop client. For now 2 days, the desktop client shows a blue bar with the message "Hallo. Wir haben eine neue Version von Spotify für Dich. *Jetzt neu starten* und die neue...
  • MultyCrime
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Play all songs of an artist, not just the popular ones

Hello everyone This is driving me crazy... I'm sure there must be a solution to this. All I want to do is to select an artist (let's say Metallica for example) click on play and listen to all songs, but its only playing the 10 "popular" songs. I know...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone   This is driving me crazy... I'm sure there must be a solution to this. All I want to do is to select an artist (let's say Metallica for example) click on play and listen to al...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HAVING PROBLEMS PLAYING SPOTIFY ON MY LAPTP

After a visit from Telenet yesterday and installing an extra "Access point" I thoughtmy problems were solved streaming Spotify from my laptop to the receiver. I have a brand new receiver with spotify connect. I thought that with spotify connect the r...

• Casual Listener
  • After a visit from Telenet yesterday and installing an extra "Access point" I thought my problems were solved streaming Spotify from my laptop to the receiver. I have a brand new receiver with ...
  • hazesluk
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes