Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

"This song is not avaliable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

I have never faced this problem before but once I have gone to my computer and try to play music this warning "This song is not avaliable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." shows up at the top. The thing which confuses me the ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have never faced this problem before but once I have gone to my computer and try to play music this warning "This song is not avaliable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify offline on Windows

I don't understand why i have to make a playilist on windows so i can download songs while on android it does it automatically... How do i manage to download hunders of songs? i have to add 1 by 1? please fix this, guys

• Regular
  • I don't understand why i have to make a playilist on windows so i can download songs while on android it does it automatically... How do i manage to download hunders of songs? i have to add 1 by 1? p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

adding songs from computer

I added local files from a music file to my local files. I have added some new songs to that file on my computer and I cannot figure out how to get them into the local files to add to my playlist. I also tried putting them in a folder by themselves a...

• Music Fan
  • I added local files from a music file to my local files.  I have added some new songs to that file on my computer and I cannot figure out how to get them into the local files to add to my playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug report: doubled playlist track count display

Hey,Count of tracks in every playlist is displayed twice. I tried on at least 6 instances of app for PC. Example screenshot attached.Please let me know about fixing this issue. Thanks Mateusz

• Hey, Count of tracks in every playlist is displayed twice. I tried on at least 6 instances of app for PC. Example screenshot attached. Please let me know about fixing this issue. Thanks 🙂 Mateusz
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Download button

I went to dowload my playlists and the download button is nowhere to be found.

• Regular
  • I went to dowload my playlists and the download button is nowhere to be found.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Want Podcast on Desktop?

You're not alone. We have a couple of threads out in the community already. One person kindly started a petition on Change.org Add yourself to the list if you want the Podcast feature on your desktop too. Petition to Spotify - Adding Podcast to Deskt...

• You're not alone. We have a couple of threads out in the community already. One person kindly started a petition on Change.org   Add yourself to the list if you want the Podcast feature on you...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs in "Your Music" unavailable offline, plus no download button

HI, None of the downloaded songs with a tick mark on the left are playing on my desktop when it is offline. I don't see a "download" button for Songs they way there is one for playlists either. Deleted and reinstalled. I need to be able to access my ...

• HI,   None of the downloaded songs with a tick mark on the left are playing on my desktop when it is offline. I don't see a "download" button for Songs they way there is one for playlists eith...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Something like Year in Music

Hey, is there website, where I can see my most played songs etc, like it was in the Year in Music 2015..Because I wont get the 2016 one and I wanna know my most played songs and just some statisics..Last.fm doesnt work neither, beause I had to create...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, is there website, where I can see my most played songs etc, like it was in the Year in Music 2015.. Because I wont get the 2016 one and I wanna know my most played songs and just some statisics...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Any update on the Lyrics feature ?

I remember Spotify to have a lyrics feature powered by musixmatch, but they removed it and said they would add a lyrics feature of their own later, any update on that ?

• I remember Spotify to have a lyrics feature powered by musixmatch, but they removed it and said they would add a lyrics feature of their own later, any update on that ?
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Login to Last.fm

Hi everyone! I tried to put login and password as presented here: https://support.spotify.com/pl/account_payment_help/account_settings/scrobble-to-last-fm/ Windows aplication of Spotify shows me... red frame with info "incorrect". I can login at webs...

• Hi everyone!   I tried to put login and password as presented here: https://support.spotify.com/pl/account_payment_help/account_settings/scrobble-to-last-fm/   Windows aplication of Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrapped 2016/Your Top Songs 2016 random songs

Why is there a random song at the top of my Your Top Songs 2016? Every other song that is on there is absolutely fine, but there is one solitary track that makes no sense in it being in the list!? How do I remove this?It also lists 101 songs in it......

• Music Fan
  • Why is there a random song at the top of my Your Top Songs 2016? Every other song that is on there is absolutely fine, but there is one solitary track that makes no sense in it being in the list...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Available Offline toggle switch not showing in the saved songs playlist

Hey all, Just got a new pc and installed Spotify. I've had premium for about a year now and i have all my songs available offline on my phone and my old laptop. but for some reason the toggle switch to download my songs offline doesn't appear in the ...

• Hey all,   Just got a new pc and installed Spotify. I've had premium for about a year now and i have all my songs available offline on my phone and my old laptop. but for some reason the toggl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ability to View All Playlist Followers

I get the message " THis song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. I've never had this issue before on my desktop computer". i've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my computer. I can't play all they songs fr...

• Casual Listener
  •  I get the message " THis song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. I've never had this issue before on my desktop computer" . i've uninstalled and reinsta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossibile riprodurre brano corrente dopo aggiornamento

Da un mese dopo un aggiornamento ho questo messaggio sul pc desktop sia per le canzoni offline che online. Ho spotify premium e reinstallando la vecchia versione funziona tutto bene....come risolvo? Purtroppo se installo la vecchia versione si auto a...

• Regular
  • Da un mese dopo un aggiornamento ho questo messaggio sul pc desktop sia per le canzoni offline che online. Ho spotify premium e reinstallando la vecchia versione funziona tutto bene....come risolvo? ...
  • clodprogea
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists I follow have disapeard from my Followed artists list

Hi, I dont know what happend but I am not following my favourit artists anymore, I want them back! How can I achive this in a simple way? This could have happend when I accidentally changed hide option in user settings (Desktop)?

• Hi,   I dont know what happend but I am not following my favourit artists anymore, I want them back! How can I achive this in a simple way?   This could have happend when I ac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync music

Can you sync music from Itunes and Groove to Spotify and if so will the music play off line?

• Can you sync music from Itunes and Groove to Spotify and if so will the music play off line?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Wrong song duration

Hi!I start this topic because i have a very weird problem with one specific song: Rude from Magic! In website it shows a total duration of 3:44 but in my desktop app (1.0.44.100) it shows 28:57If i sort by duration, this song is listed between the 3:...

• Music Fan
  • Hi! I start this topic because i have a very weird problem with one specific song: Rude from Magic! In website it shows a total duration of 3:44 but in my desktop app (1.0.44.100)  it shows 28...
  • tanocapo
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashes on Start - Windows 10

Version 1.044.100.ga60c0ce1 on Windows 10 64 bit. Crashes right when program starts. Shows black screen for a few moments then crashes and disappears from Notification area. Task Manager shows that it is not running. Uninstalled and reinstalled vario...

• Casual Listener
  • Version 1.044.100.ga60c0ce1 on Windows 10 64 bit.   Crashes right when program starts.  Shows black screen for a few moments then crashes and disappears from Notification area.  Task...
  • vcvc
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes