Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spoftify jump to an other album

When I start listening an album, Spotify plays first song ok. But when that song is finished it starts playing an totally different random album (and keeps on playing that) instead continuing from the second song on the first selected album. A help w...

• When I start listening an album, Spotify plays first song ok. But when that song is finished it starts playing an totally different random album (and keeps on playing that) instead continuing from th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

-

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing when screen turns off Windows 10

The downloaded Spotify program for Windows 10 does not allow Spotify to play once the screen turns off (not in sleep, just screen off). It is very frustrating having to keep the screen on (battery drain!) or continually keep waking the screen up. Doe...

• The downloaded Spotify program for Windows 10 does not allow Spotify to play once the screen turns off (not in sleep, just screen off). It is very frustrating having to keep the screen on (battery dr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Can't play the curent song" message

I have started to get this blue message randomly "Can't play the current song", and when it's there I can't play any songs, not just the current one. I am an unlimited customer using a Windows 10 laptop. any ideas please ?

• Regular
  • I have started to get this blue message randomly "Can't play the current song", and when it's there I can't play any songs, not just the current one.  I am an unlimited customer using a Win...
  • pe3k
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Two Ads Playing Simultaneously

During each ad break, one of the ads will have another play on top of it and it is making me feel absolutely insane. Sometimes it will play an ad on top of a song. I have tried a few times to completely restart Spotify. The only thing I haven't tried...

• Casual Listener
  • During each ad break, one of the ads will have another play on top of it and it is making me feel absolutely insane. Sometimes it will play an ad on top of a song. I have tried a few times to complet...
  • tunatoe
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify downloads

Is there a way to make my spotify not download songs on my pc but continue to do so for my android?

• Is there a way to make my spotify not download songs on my pc but continue to do so for my android?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist not playing all songs

Hello! I have a large playlist (around 800 songs) that I like to listen to when gaming. However, whenever I press shuffle, it only will select about 20-30 songs and play those on loop, instead of playing the whole playlist shuffled. How can I fix thi...

• Hello! I have a large playlist (around 800 songs) that I like to listen to when gaming. However, whenever I press shuffle, it only will select about 20-30 songs and play those on loop, instead of pla...
  • MonicaM_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Advanced Search is case sensitive

Hi, It seems like advanced search, as introduced here, is not working as advertised. "Note: search terms are not case sensitive.". It seems like it is, at least in my version of Spotify. "Zeppelin OR floyd" works, "Zeppelin or floyd" fails. While I h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   It seems like advanced search, as introduced here, is not working as advertised. "Note: search terms are not case sensitive.". It seems like it is, at least in my version of Spotify. "Ze...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download playlist to Win 10

hi I have playlists on my mac that contain local files from iTunes, I was able to download them to my old iPad for offline playing, I logged out of that device and sold it, bought a Surface Pro, installed Spotify, bu now cannot download the same play...

• hi I have playlists on my mac that contain local files from iTunes, I was able to download them to my old iPad for offline playing, I logged out of that device and sold it, bought a Surface Pro, inst...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login on work computer. Service "temporarily unavailable"

I am trying to use spotify on my newly-issued work computer but it won't let me login to my account. It displays a message that states "Service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later (Error Code: 7)." I know that our firm allows use of sp...

• I am trying to use spotify on my newly-issued work computer but it won't let me login to my account. It displays a message that states "Service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify automatically closes

I'm runnning Window 7 and after 10/15 seconds I've started playing a song, spotify automatically closes. I've already tried to reinstall and I get the same problem.I get no error message.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm runnning Window 7 and after 10/15 seconds I've started playing a song, spotify automatically closes. I've already tried to reinstall and I get the same problem. I get no error message.
  • Maldoror81
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Account is used somewhere else"

I know for a fact that my account is not hacked. This is a bug of some sort on my account. Everytime I try to play music it will at random times stop and say that my account is being used elsewhere. Anyone know how to solve this?

• I know for a fact that my account is not hacked. This is a bug of some sort on my account.   Everytime I try to play music it will at random times stop and say that my account is being used el...
  • Zuzakon
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't delete a Playlist

Hello, I can't delete a Playlist from my Spotify's Library! Can you tell me how to delete it from Windows? Mine's is Windows 10

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I can't delete a Playlist from my Spotify's Library! Can you tell me how to delete it from Windows? Mine's is Windows 10 
  • Niicky
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to find Public Playlist

Not all of my public playlists are searchable by means of the searchbar. Besides, if i let people go to my profile only some of them are popping up?

• Not all of my public playlists are searchable by means of the searchbar. Besides, if i let people go to my profile only some of them are popping up?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available

Hello Some of my working songs are now not available. Also my favourite Japanese singer Fuyumi Sakamoto's albums are no where to found. I see only one album of her. I even made a playlist months ago with lots of songs of her (like 90+ songs) but now ...

• Visitor
  • Hello   Some of my working songs are now not available. Also my favourite Japanese singer Fuyumi Sakamoto's albums are no where to found. I see only one album of her. I even made a playlist mo...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

I can Not listen music

I can not listen to music on my notebook, the message appears: this song is not available.

• Casual Listener
  • I can not listen to music on my notebook, the message appears: this song is not available.
  • Tiralka
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Favorite songs not available for offline listening

Hi, I've recently installed Spotify on a clean install of Windows 10 and since then there is no download button to make my favorite songs available offline. See the screenshot below. Is there any workaround for this?

• Hi,   I've recently installed Spotify on a clean install of Windows 10 and since then there is no download button to make my favorite songs available offline. See the screenshot below. Is ther...
  • Timyboy12345
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify went alphabetical

I have Spotify on windows 10 PC on my laptop and my playlist one day i saw was alphabetical. i know how that can be helpful but i like seeing my newest songs all on order from dates downloaded, how do i change it back?

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify on windows 10 PC on my laptop and my playlist one day i saw was alphabetical. i know how that can be helpful but i like seeing my newest songs all on order from dates downloaded, ...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant log into the desktop player

Hi, I have the issue that I cant log into the desktop player (windows). when I try he loads 5 sec than tells me error 3 and thats it. And funnily enough I cant log out from the website unless I am in the incognito mode. I dont know what to do I de an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have the issue that I cant log into the desktop player (windows). when I try he loads 5 sec than tells me error 3 and thats it. And funnily enough I cant log out from the website unless I am in...
  • TrexIzzy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant Import playlist from windows media player, tab does nothing.

Currently using the free version and i want to up grade to premium, but there's no point if i can't get my play lists from media player. Should i bother signing up?

• Currently using the free version and i want to up grade to premium, but there's no point if i can't get my play lists from media player. Should i bother signing up?
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes