Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

HELP - Desktop playing christmas songs and wont stop!

Riggght - The desktop program on my laptop (Dell studio with Win 7 64bit) keeps playing christmas songs after each selected track. Spotfy dosent do this on mobile devises or the web player. It has also done this as both a standard, and now premium us...

• Casual Listener
  • Riggght - The desktop program on my laptop (Dell studio with Win 7 64bit) keeps playing christmas songs after each selected track. Spotfy dosent do this on mobile devises or the web player.  ...
  • ozon
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Algorithm for Discover Weekly

Is there some way to change or reset it? For some reason, my Discover Weekly is polluted with Swedish music, and my poor ears are allergic to Swedish... Also, it would be nice if there was a "Discover Daily". It take it, that this would be a rather s...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there some way to change or reset it? For some reason, my Discover Weekly is polluted with Swedish music, and my poor ears are allergic to Swedish...   Also, it would be nice if there was a...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows Desktop app not resizing correctly (blank space or cropping)

Hi Guys,Currently on 1.0.45.186.g3b5036d6, Windows 7 x64 SP1.Graphics card is Nvidia GTX 760 OC with Nvdia drivers 376.33 When resizing the window the window either adds black space or crops the content rather than wrapping/scaling. Check out the scr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys, Currently on 1.0.45.186.g3b5036d6, Windows 7 x64 SP1. Graphics card is Nvidia GTX 760 OC with Nvdia drivers 376.33   When resizing the window the window either adds black space or c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug while playing album

I noticed that if I play an album, and then start browsing for another artist or album that it starts the album again from the very first track. I noticed this within the past update or two. If I want the full album to play, I have to leave it on tha...

• Regular
  • I noticed that if I play an album, and then start browsing for another artist or album that it starts the album again from the very first track.  I noticed this within the past update or two.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Drag music from map to playlist?

Hi there, Is there any way to drag music from any map on my pc to a playlist in spotify?Spotify says i've got 12074 local music files, and i just want a select few for my next playlist. The thing is, i got all these songs in maps on my computer, ripp...

• Hi there,   Is there any way to drag music from any map on my pc to a playlist in spotify? Spotify says i've got 12074 local music files, and i just want a select few for my next playlist. Th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

2 Different premium users through same speaker / delete connect device

Hi, I logged in once on the portable pc at a family member , and connected with their Bose system through connect. When i login to my spotify on any device ( PC , Smartphone , Playstation ) i get the notification that that family member is playing mu...

• Hi,   I logged in once on the portable pc at a family member , and connected with their Bose system through connect.   When i login to my spotify on any device ( PC , Smartphone , Plays...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep telling me that my account is used elsewhere

Hi!During a few weeks now I have had a problem where my Spotify Windows client keeps telling me that my account is used elsewhere and then pauses the music..However.. Im only signed into the same account on my mobile phone.. and besides.. I just (as ...

• Hi! During a few weeks now I have had a problem where my Spotify Windows client keeps telling me that my account is used elsewhere and then pauses the music.. However.. Im only signed into the same...
  • BlackEagle-Ben
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Download all your songs

Hello!I just wanted to ask a quick question....So I just recently got myself Spotify Premium and use it on my phone and my desktop.And I saw the Download button on "my music" on the mobile. Since I didnt see one on the desktop Version and it seems, l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I just wanted to ask a quick question.... So I just recently got myself Spotify Premium and use it on my phone and my desktop. And I saw the Download button on "my music" on the mobile. Sin...
  • BlackEagle-Ben
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2016 Wrapped

Last year, Spotify had Year in Music which told you your most played songs, artists etc. I know they have done 2016 Wrapped this year but that just shows the most popular songs in general, so will they be doing personal stats?

• Roadie
  • Last year, Spotify had Year in Music which told you your most played songs, artists etc. I know they have done 2016 Wrapped this year but that just shows the most popular songs in general, so will th...
  • HJM1
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes

Import library, then delete files which are on Spotify

Hello, so I cannot believe that this is not possible because it seems to be the most logical step when moving to the cloud. Maybe it is possible though and I just don't know how? In any case, I am NOT talking about the "use local files" feature of Sp...

• Hello,  so I cannot believe that this is not possible because it seems to be the most logical step when moving to the cloud. Maybe it is possible though and I just don't know how? In any case, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Saved Songs and Albums completely missing

Hi, Since Monday, December 12th, all of my saved songs and albums have been completely gone. I use Spotify Premium installed on two Windows computers and on my Android phone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify on all three devices to no av...

• Hi,   Since Monday, December 12th, all of my saved songs and albums have been completely gone. I use Spotify Premium installed on two Windows computers and on my Android phone.   I trie...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist playing issue

Artist: Dry the River.Album: Alarms in the Heart.Song: Gethsemane, Rollerskate, Vessel, Hope Diamon I cannot get some of the songs from the album to play. Windows 7.

• Artist: Dry the River. Album: Alarms in the Heart. Song: Gethsemane, Rollerskate, Vessel, Hope Diamon   I cannot get some of the songs from the album to play. Windows 7. 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't save music, artists missing

On my phone, I cannot save music and cannot seem to find the 'your music' section. I can only favourite songs. Is this part of a new update, as I only have a 'me' section, rather than 'your music.' However, on my computer, I can save a song, but the ...

• Casual Listener
  • On my phone, I cannot save music and cannot seem to find the 'your music' section. I can only favourite songs. Is this part of a new update, as I only have a 'me' section, rather than 'your music.' ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix shuffle

Hi, Shuffle is still broken. In a larger playlist some items dont ever get played, and starting a shuffle session always result in a very similar song order being played. If items are added (or removed) to the playlist that particular song order chan...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Shuffle is still broken. In a larger playlist some items dont ever get played, and starting a shuffle session always result in a very similar song order being played. If items are added ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify closing on first start to update and restart EVERY TIME

How can i fix this?Everytime I start Spotify , I start a Song for 10 seconds before spotify closes without any warning and goes to the updater which then tries to update spotify. This happens everytime I start Spotify. How can I fix this ?

• Casual Listener
  • How can i fix this? Everytime I start Spotify , I start a Song for 10 seconds before spotify closes without any warning and goes to the updater which then tries to update spotify. This happens every...
  • LucaBumble
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify in Japan

I used to use spotify in America but now I'm in Japan, and to be honest the service here is really **bleep**. The playlists are different and you can't even use the radio option. What good is spofity if you can't find new artists similar to what you ...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to use spotify in America but now I'm in Japan, and to be honest the service here is really **bleep**. The playlists are different and you can't even use the radio option. What good is spofity...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs from a downloaded playlist are greyed out when I'm offline

Hi, I have several playlists that I've downloaded to play when I don't have internet access. However, on some of the mixes, a portion of the songs are greyed out when I'm offline. But when I'm online, those songs are suddenly available and no longer ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have several playlists that I've downloaded to play when I don't have internet access.   However, on some of the mixes, a portion of the songs are greyed out when I'm offline.   B...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming Windows 10 Denon Premium

Cannot Stream from Windows 10 to Denon Supported Receiver with Premium Account. Upgraded to a new laptop, Surface Book, and can no longer stream from Win10/Spotify Premium to my Denon supported receiver, X2100W. Laptop and receiver are on the same ne...

• Casual Listener
  • Cannot Stream from Windows 10 to Denon Supported Receiver with Premium Account.   Upgraded to a new laptop, Surface Book, and can no longer stream from Win10/Spotify Premium to my Denon s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play current song.

Hello, I'm actually a premium user and I'm using the local files feature. I make a playlist with local files and download it so i can listen to it on my phone. The problem is that lately most of my Local Files can't be played on my computer.I have se...

• Hello, I'm actually a premium user and I'm using the local files feature. I make a playlist with local files and download it so i can listen to it on my phone. The problem is that lately most of my L...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crash Windows [Solution]

Hi,i had a bug recently where spotify wouldn't start. I opened it, but after the window popped up, it crashed without any message.So i was trying to:-Reinstall, didn't work.-Cleaning Appdata from existing Spotify data, didn't work.-Restarting PC, did...

• Hi, i had a bug recently where spotify wouldn't start. I opened it, but after the window popped up, it crashed without any message. So i was trying to: -Reinstall, didn't work. -Cleaning Appdata ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes