Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Plan

Premium

Country

Malta

Device

Asus Scar 2 (GL504GW)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having the issuer where both Micrsoft Store and Desktop version of Spotify is telling me "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I read the forums and did things like remove the local lifes, but it didn't work.

It also did not work on the web version of Spotify as the tracks were being played but no audio was present. The iOS apps work perfectly fine.

Can I get support assist on what's going on of why the Desktop and web version isnt working and have solution please?
-Thanks.

Annotation 2019-09-10 071121.png
1 Reply

If I read this correctly, you cannot listen to downloaded local files through your mobile device. Heres the ACTUAL solution.

The way I fixed this for myself goes as following.

This should work with iPhone and Android devices. 

1: Download a "Hotspot" for your computer. (I personally used "Hotspot Lite" and it worked.)

2: Start the connection and connect to the hotspot from your PC to your iPhone.

3: Close out of Spotify on both devices. (Meaning the Spotify application on the PC and iPhone.)

4: Add the selected songs to the playlist of your choice. I recommend you delete the previous instance of the song in the playlist.

5: Redownload the playlist. 

6: Jam out.

Edit : I am a complete dumbass and read this wrong. 

Suggested posts