Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am getting the error "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" when trying to use the desktop app on my PC. So far I have tried the following solutions:

1. Turning off hardware acceleration.

2. Disabling/enabling various output devices.

3. Quick uninstall and re-install of the app.

4. Complete uninstall and re-install of the app, searching for any files/folders that survived quick uninstall.

5. Doing the uninstall and re-install procedure, but shutting down and restarting my computer between the uninstall and re-install.

I am trying to play Streambeats for my twitch stream, but the desktop app refuses to work all of a sudden. The browser version works fine. The app on my phone works fine. The app on my PS4 works fine. The desktop app stubbornly refuses to work.

Anyone have a solution that I haven't already tried?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found the issue. Spotify didn't have a Output device selected under Settings>System>Sound>Advanced sound options>App volume and device preferences. Once I assigned the output device everything started working fine. Kind of weird that a fresh install didn't have a default device though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

I found the issue. Spotify didn't have a Output device selected under Settings>System>Sound>Advanced sound options>App volume and device preferences. Once I assigned the output device everything started working fine. Kind of weird that a fresh install didn't have a default device though.

Suggested posts