Country

Finland

Device

Desktop (PC)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, I hope I can explain my issue correctly:

I have Spotify downloaded on my PC. The audio quality of Spotify changes, when the app is either minimized or in the background while I'm doing something else with my PC.

When I click open any other app, like browser, and bring it into view, there's an audible half a second long pause in the music and when it continues, the audio quality is noticeably more murky. When I click Spotify back on, the audio again snaps and the quality gets clearer. I don't have the same problem with my Android phone.

And not only that, it affects other apps that play music too. For example, if I have Spotify on while listening to music or a podcast from YouTube and I click Spotify to bring it in view and to browse it simultaneously, the audio quality of YouTube changes noticeably too which is weird.

I've already tried emptying cache, disconnecting Spotify from other services like Last.fm and fiddling with both Spotify and PC audio settings. The problem might be with Windows, but I'm not sure where.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Warsova,

Thanks for the post.

This issue is most likely related to how your sound card or speakers are handling the audio from different apps. You can check the suggestions from other users facing this issue here. Most likely it's caused by some sort of sound enhancement software, like Dolby or similar.

You can also switch off Normalize volume in the Spotify app settings. If none of that helps, it's a good idea to update your sound drivers. You can check your soundcard or motherboard (Desktop)/ laptop manufacturer for any new drivers available. 

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Warsova,

Thanks for the post.

This issue is most likely related to how your sound card or speakers are handling the audio from different apps. You can check the suggestions from other users facing this issue here. Most likely it's caused by some sort of sound enhancement software, like Dolby or similar.

You can also switch off Normalize volume in the Spotify app settings. If none of that helps, it's a good idea to update your sound drivers. You can check your soundcard or motherboard (Desktop)/ laptop manufacturer for any new drivers available. 

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Thank you very much, it was about Dolby!

Hey @Warsova,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this inconvenience and we're happy to know that is now fixed. If the app starts to behave again, don't hesitate to reach out.

We'll always be here to help.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator

Hi Alex, I seem to have a similar issue, but with my Android through my Samsung Galaxy buds live. While in app, looking at lyrics, exiting out of lyric view, to minimizing the app itself, to minimizing the Playlist to browse other artists, there's a fluctuation in sound.

Was wondering if you know what may be the issue. 

I apologize, I located this post by searching Google. Hope this was OK. 

Thank you! 

Hi there @ShadiLady,

Thanks for the reply. Do the phone, earbuds or maybe both have some sort of equalizer, sound effect or audio normalization setting? Please check that and disable any you find. As you can see earlier in this thread, Dolby was the culprit for the issue on another user, so it's reasonable to assume that the case might be similar for you.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator

Suggested posts